9. The beauty and the beast

I walked down the bridge that connected Astronomy tower to Gryffindor and saw him there. Remus looked paler than usual but he was still as handsome as I have ever seen him! His face lit up as I was walking towards him. I let the basket off my hands gently and jogged towards him and pulled him into a tight hug, my arms around his neck while he hugged my waist and pulled me close to him.

"Hey there handsome" I whispered in his ear, my fingers subconsciously rubbing the back of his neck as I took in his familiar scent.

"Missed me already?" Remus chuckled as he lifted me for a few seconds.

"Haven't you Moony? You barely seen me all week." I complained at my boyfriend as he held my hand and kissed it, his smile was peaceful despite the fact that he was tired, and I could tell.

"Of course I missed you, you've been busy and I was not even aware with what you were so occupied. I shall be the one to file the complaint." Remus spoke, his voice was a bit raspy.

"Well part of it you will find out in a while" I smiled at him and he turned to look at me with a confused look on his face.

"What is so secret that Amelia would literally ignore me when I asked?" Remus asked his curiosity lacing his tone with a smile.

"It was your gift- but we will speak about it once you feed me." I chuckled and huggled his arm as we were walking down the Hogwarts castle stairs carefully.

"You could eat me- But I guess you are referring to the actual food." Remus spoke and I could tell he had been spending too much time with my cousin.

"You look like a snack- however my stomach wont stop growling like that." I giggled at his awful joke and rubbed my belly. He hadn't commented yet my appearance and it sort of bothered me. He was holding two bags, one with the food and the other one with my gifts.

"I will let you guess what I cooked." Remus spoke, he was whispering as we didn't want to attract any attention and leave to the forest soundlessly.

"Ceasar's salad fries and what was the other one in Paris?" I chuckled thoughtfully at the reference of the first time I went to visit him in France.

"And crepe la chocola" Remus completed my thoughts, his gaze wandered at the forest before we paused our steps. "We should have our camp here- not that far from the school." He suggested and I frowned subcounsiously. I could sense a moment of sheer discomfort and I remembered the way Sibyl went off earlier- the words she spoke.

It was indeed a triviality to come out here, and that I was a fool for thinking how he didn't comment on my appearance. These thoughts were blossoming in my head and I guess it started appearing in my expression as well when I felt the basket I was holding reaped out of my grasp. I jumped at the gesture, Remus realized it and let go of the blanket, it surprisingly fell on place.

"What's torturing your head?" He asked me and pulled me closer to him, I was looking up to him, he was so much taller than me. His hands were clasped around my waist pulling me closer to his body, I placed my chin on his chest looking up at him.

"Sibyl saw something weird when she handed me your present... And I am trying to unriddle the prophecy..." I explained and hugged around his torso I looked up at him taking in his beauty.

"How about you let go of that prophecy and you only focus on what I have for you here?" He asked me and kissed my lips deeply before leaning on wards and placing me to sit on the blanket. "You look breathtaking" he complimented me and tugged some banged hair being my ear.

"Thank you" I smiled and pecked his lips but before giving him a proper kiss I chuckled. "You mentioned food and gifts?" I smiled at him and added to the distance between our faces.