CHAPTER NINE.

EYES DON'T LIE

EYES DON'T LIE.

    PAIGE LAID IN HER BED, CARESSING HER PILLOW. She could still smell Quitéra's lavender scent lingering on it. The night before, Paige was finally blown off by Quitéra. At least, that's what she figured happen. She hadn't gotten a text from her all day and it was almost eight o'clock. Paige was already losing her mind without the girl. It was the first time in weeks she didn't have Quitéra to herself all day. It was torture.

She rolled on her side, holding the pillow tightly and burying her face into it. She gave it another sniff, disappointed to find that the girls scent was starting to fade away. Paige groaned and threw the pillow off of her bed. She rolled over onto her back and stared at the ceiling with a blank look in her blue eyes.

After a few minutes more of her lying around and feeling sorry for herself, Paige decided that laying around wouldn't do her any good. She got out of bed and walked to her closet to change into basketball shorts and a tank top. She walked out of her room, Nika noticing her walking through the hallway from the kitchen where she was cooking herself some lunch.

"Where you going?" She asked, seeing Paige slide on some shoes.

"Out." Paige responded shortly. "I'll be back soon."

Nika nodded and held up the peace sign before getting back to cooking. Paige slipped on a black jacket and opened up the door, letting it shut behind her as she stepped outside. She sighed as the cold wind hit her cheeks, shutting her eyes. She wondered if solitude was possible without Quitéra.

The thumping of Quitéra's black boxing gloves making contact with the punching bag was the only sound that filled the weight room. Beads of sweat coated her dark skin, her curly hair pulled back into a ponytail with some strands sticking out.

Her mind was frazzled and all she could think of doing to alleviate her frustration was restoring her old passion for boxing. It was a small hobby she used to be interested in when she was younger but she never explored much with it. She only ever revisited the past time when she found herself feeling too many things at once. This was one of those times.

Quitéra knew now that she and Paige were over, and despite the fact that it was her decision to leave the choice up to Paige, she regretted it deeply. She missed the girl even though she knew their distance would be healthy for both of them. She punched the bag again, the thought of Paige's laugh sweeping her mind. She really missed her.

She was knocked back onto her butt as the bag swung back at her, the girl being too far into her own head to even notice it coming. She grunted as she fell.