CHAPTER ELEVEN.

DRUNK WORDS

DRUNK WORDS.

TO SAY THAT PLAYING AGAINST NORTH CAROLINA WAS EASY WOULD JUST BE A LIE. It was an honor to play against girls that shared the same aggression and passion as UConn did, making the game pretty close. But nonetheless, UConn ended up taking the win. Quitéra and Amarion shared a friendly hug after the game ended, laughing with each other despite how they were just going at each other's necks only seconds before. After everyone made their way off the court, Nika was the first to speak to the team, inviting them all out to a club nearby to celebrate a good game together since the girls would be staying in Connecticut for another night.

Later that night, the club was filled with a bunch of tall, basketball girls. Amarion stuck by Quitéra's side, the two girls hanging by the bar.

"You're not gonna drink at least once?" Amarion furrowed her eyebrows at Quitéra as the girl ordered a water, downing her own Bloody Mary.

"Nah," she shook her head, taking a sip. "Someone has to be sober and I'm pretty sure everyone plans to be wasted by the end of the night."

"Oh." Amarion nodded and finished off her cup before setting it to the side. "Then I'll give the drinks a rest."

"I think you're too far gone now," Quitéra chuckled and shook her head.

Nika walked over to the bar and took her seat next to Amarion, leaning back and smiling at her. By the looks of it, Nika had already gotten a few drinks in within the hour they'd been there.

"Wanna dance with me?" Nika leaned over and asked Amarion.

The girl shrugged and nodded, grabbing Nika's hand and leading her out to the crowd. Quitéra smiled to herself as she watched them happily prance to go dance before turning her attention back to her glass of water. Her attention was averted once again when she felt someone plopping down into the seat next to her, a smile curling on her lips when she saw it was Paige.

"Bueckers, you were amazing tonight." She nudged the blonde's arm.

"Mm, thank you." Paige giggled drunkly, leaning her head on Quitéra's shoulder.

Quitéra laughed and let her rest her head there for a moment. She couldn't help but let her eyes wander to admire Paige for a moment though. Her face looked so peaceful with her eyes shut and lips parted, soft breaths falling from them. She was wearing a white, cropped halter top that showed off her muscular arms and toned abs. Her white Calvin Klein boxers peeking out of her baggy blue-jeans, a pair of panda dunks sealing the entire fit. She wore her hair down, straightened and draped over her shoulders like golden curtains. Paige was a beautiful girl, Quitéra could never deny that.