CHAPTER NINETEEN.

OH

OH.

PAIGE DIDN'T REST PEACEFULLY THAT NIGHT. How could she after all that teasing Quitéra was doing? She was struggling to keep her leg from bouncing like crazy as she sat in the backseat of the car. Quitéra in the front talking to her dad. They were driving to her grandparents' house so she could see them and her mom.

Quitéra leaned her head back in her seat, turning her head a bit to look back at Paige, her lips curling into a smile. As much  as the blonde tried to fight it, she found herself smiling back at her, biting her lip to try and keep herself from going into a wide grin. She turned away to look out the window, trying her best to kill her smile before Quitéra thought they were on good terms. The car came to a stop and Paige saw that they were in a more suburban area, the house they were at being small with a white and beige exterior, a well-kept garden out front.

Paige stepped out of the car and stretched her arms, walking around the car to help Quitéra out like usual. She reached down to the girl as she opened her door, grabbing her hips and pulling her against her chest to help her up. Quitéra wrapped her arms around Paige's neck and turned her head to look at her but Paige was clearly looking anywhere but her general direction.

"Paige." Quitéra spoke up, still trying to get some eye contact from the girl.

"Hm?" Paige kept looking away.

"I appreciate you for coming you know."

Paige let out a quiet sigh, feeling her heart crumble at the soft and sincere tone she used with her. Quitéra's dad walked over with the crutches and Paige stepped away to let her grab hold of them, using them for support now. The blonde rubbed the back of her neck and finally looked at Quitéra now that she was a couple of feet away and not close enough to feel her breaths anymore.

"Thanks for inviting me." Was her short response, yet it still got a smile out of Quitéra.

"Hey, twin!" The most aggravating voice that had ever reached Paige's ears in her 22 years of living reached her ears. She turned her head to see no other than Amarion jogging out of the house and over to Quitéra.

"Amarion!" Quitéra exclaimed with a large smile as the girl ran over and hugged her. "I didn't think you'd be here."

"Well, I'm here." Amarion inhaled her scent subtly (well, Paige saw it as plain as day). "I wouldn't miss a chance to see my favorite girl."

"Paige is here too." Quitéra gestured her hand to Paige who was standing by them with her hands in her pockets.

"Oh." Amarion smiled at the girl as if she didn't notice her. "Good to see you again."