CHAPTER 17

Neylan's POV

To say the very least, it irritated me that my long gone sister Sitişah has returned. Long ago, we both tried to put aside our differences and attack that rat Ayşe, but Mühnaz Hatun of course had to die early on. And it is evident that Ayşe well mothered Gülbahar, for she would not hear of even one bad word towards her "mother".

Fidan acts pleasant for the time being, innocent and all, but I know that the tides may very well change soon, and she will act upon her mother's behest. The greatest thing I can do about her is exploit her greatest weakness: the relationship between her and her mother. 

To address the issues as a whole, I decided to call up Siti [nickname for Sitişah] to have a chat. 

I heard a knock on the door, and motioned for it to be opened, as Siti came in.

"Neylan, why do you want to speak with me?"

"Sitişah, dearest sister, it's a pleasure to have you back." I gave her a fake smile. I really hate her. 

"You and I know perfectly well that this arrangement was not made in mind for the benefit of both of us. I don't know why they would want me to be here."

"Well," I leaned in closer to Siti, "From what I heard, our niece Fidan happened to request for your presence from what I heard, as her birthday is in a little less than two months."

Sitişah shook her head.

"You are such a gossip, Neylan. Why would she do that? Ayşe would never approve-"

"And yet she did, and here you are. We can only make the best of the situation, am I right?" I snorted as I sipped my wine. Sitişah blinked slowly at me a for a moment looked thoughtful.

"With that I agree with you Neylan, but we must think and plan carefully. We don't know what motives Fidan had to invite me here, but it was obviously something. We must tread carefully, and ally ourselves."

As Sitişah's words lingered in the air, I found myself reluctantly nodding in agreement. Though our animosity towards each other was deeply ingrained, the situation demanded a strategic approach. Fidan's sudden invitation to her aunt, especially against the wishes of her mother, Ayşe, raised suspicions that couldn't be ignored.

"Sitişah, you're right," I conceded, masking my disdain with a composed demeanor. "We must tread cautiously and ascertain the true intentions behind Fidan's actions. If there's one thing we can agree on, it's that Ayşe's influence runs deep within her daughter's decisions."

Sitişah's gaze narrowed slightly, indicating her acknowledgment of my point. Despite our history of discord, the shared understanding of Ayşe's manipulative tendencies forged an unlikely alliance between us.

"I suggest we keep a close eye on Fidan," Sitişah proposed, her tone betraying a hint of urgency. "Observation is key to unraveling her motives. Once we understand her intentions, we can devise a plan to counteract Ayşe's influence."

I mulled over Sitişah's suggestion, recognizing the necessity of vigilance in navigating the intricate web of familial dynamics in the palace. "Agreed," I replied, emphasizing the importance of unity in our approach. "But we must proceed discreetly. Ayşe is not one to underestimate, especially when it comes to safeguarding her interests."

With a shared understanding of the gravity of our situation, Sitişah and I began to strategize, each leveraging our respective strengths to counterbalance Ayşe's control over Fidan. Despite the inherent distrust between us, the common goal of thwarting Ayşe's machinations united us in purpose.

Armed with this newfound understanding, Sitişah and I devised a plan to exploit the growing rift between Fidan and Ayşe. Drawing upon our shared resentment towards Ayşe's domineering presence, we subtly decided to manipulate Fidan, sowing seeds of doubt regarding her mother's true intentions would be our cause.

In the end, it was not our differences that defined us, but rather our ability to rise above them, united in purpose and unwavering in our resolve to forge a path towards a brighter tomorrow. And as I looked towards the horizon, I knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, Sitişah and I would face them together, bound by the unbreakable bonds of family and fortified by the strength of our shared convictions.

End of Neylan's POV