CHAPTER 20

"Oh Nafise!" 

Nafise Hatun rushed over to me. I was in a good mood, and she could tell.

"I wrote a letter to Mehmet Giray, because I would like to meet up with him tomorrow. Can you send it?"

"of course Sultana. Will Gülbahar Sultan come too this time?" Nafise asked as she took the letter from me. I rolled my eyes. 

"Well, if you think that's okay, then you can send word to her."

Nafise nodded. "Good idea Sultana. It's best we don't make her an enemy, but rather keep ourselves open book."

I dismissed Nafise Hatun as she went out to deliver my letter to Mehmet Giray. The contents are as follows,

Greetings His Excellency Hanzade Mehmet Giray,

We pray for your health, and if you ask of ours we are doing fine. Sitişah Sultan has just arrived, and with that in mind we must meet again to practice with the bird. We are doing fine with [it]. I am open to meet with you again tomorrow, but I ask we meet instead at another place, a residence I have in Üsküdar. The address will be provided to you.

Sultana Fidan

I made a sneaky move when choosing the "venue". This residence was not mine, but actually the one that Kumru Kalfa was rumored to be hiding in. From there, Mehmet Giray and I can catch her, question her, and find out more about the bigger picture. My plan was practically foolproof, but for now I needed to focus on executing it.

____________

"Sultana Fidan, Mehmet Giray sent word that he agrees to meet with you at the residence." Nafise informed me when I came back from the hammam fresh and clean.

"good. Did you tell my sister to come too?"

Nafise shook her head. "I apologize Sultana, but I couldn't find her. I heard she may be visiting Sitişah Sultan, so that's my guess."

"Mmm, okay. Well then we don't need to tell her, if she's that busy. Can you prepare the carriage, and get an extra agha or men to meet us there? We have to surround her."

Nafise bowed as she went to get ready.

I brushed my hair and put on a lovely new dress I had, blue with white pearls and silver buttons, also paired with a lovely bejeweled necklace I got 2 years ago. It was super cute.

 It was super cute

...

When Nafise came back, I got up and ready to depart quickly, but I was intercepted in the hallway.

"Where do you think you are going?" Gülbahar asked angrily. "You are always disappearing."

"That's none of your business Gül. I would've invited you to come with me, but it seems you were busy with Sitişah Sultan."