TWO

Salaam readers, sorry for the cliff hanger *not sorry*

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy, don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Tell me your favourite part so far and I might give you a spoiler.

Follow me on Instagram (noor.alqalam) for more.

.................................................................................................................................

Amna's POV

Ammar's revelation caught me off guard. I sat there, stunned, trying to process his confession. The noise of the students packing up as the lesson came to an end was background noise in my head. I felt a pang of guilt for not reciprocating his feelings, but I couldn't force emotions that weren't there.

"We've been friends for a while now, and I value that friendship a lot," I continued, trying to let him down gently.

Ammar nodded, a flicker of disappointment crossing his features.

"I understand, Amna. I just needed to tell you how I feel."

Before I could say anything else, The sound of something hitting the desk brought me out of my stupor. I looked up to see Khadeeja (Deedee) looking at me. She dropped my bag which made the sound. I glared at her before she picked up my book and put it in my bag. I was still glaring at her when she said,

"Uh-mm, Ammar I need to borrow her for now,"

"Let's talk more about this later, okay?" I suggested, wanting to give him time to process my response.

"No problem, Amna. I'll see you at lunch?" Ammar nodded, a faint smile playing on his lips.

"Bye," I said to him before Deedee pulled me out of the class.

"What did he say to you,"

"I've been calling you for like five minutes but you didn't answer me," she said exaggerating.

"Nothing," I replied, my mind preoccupied. She narrowed her eyes as she looked at me.

"Now go, the principal is calling for you," she said finally.

"Oh, okay," I responded and made my way to the principal's office. Stepping inside, I greeted him.

"Good morning sir, you wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Yes, Hauwah, this is our new student, Fadil Muhammad," he said, gesturing towards a guy sitting nearby.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Hi," he replied.

"You'll be showing him around and introducing him to our syllabus," the principal instructed.

"Do you understand?" he asked.

"Yes sir," I replied.

"He's also in the sciences," he added.

"And Fadil, if you need anything else, just ask Hauwah, she's one of our top students," he said.

"Okay sir, thank you," Fadil responded

As we exited the office, I took the lead, guiding Fadil through the corridors until we stepped out into the school compound. Pausing, I turned to get a good look at him. Fadil had a fair complexion, complemented by dark brown hair and eyes. He was dressed in black trousers paired with a crisp blue button-up shirt, his backpack casually slung over one shoulder. Towering over me, he was quite tall, making me tilt my head slightly upward to meet his gaze. There was something distinct about his appearance, he didn't quite fit the typical look of someone from the North.