FOUR

Salaam, how're you all doing?

what did you think of the last chapter????

your votes and comments motivate me.

thank you, and enjoy!

────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

Amna's POV

"Earth to Amna!" Deedee's voice jolted me from my thoughts.

"Let's go and pray, we can talk after that," she suggested, her tone softer now.

I nodded, gathering my things as we made our way to my room for prayer. After the prayers, I settled down to memorize my Hadda, while Deedee paced restlessly. Eventually, she joined me on the bed, her fingers pressed against her lips in deep contemplation.

"Khady, stop overthinking and join me in reading the Quran. We have Tahfeez tomorrow," I urged, breaking the silence.

She turned to me, dropping her hands with a sigh. Sitting beside me, she began,

"Amna, don't you think..."

I cut her off sharply, "I don't want to think right now."

"Look, we can discuss it tomorrow during our lesson. Besides, I'm in the mood to skip classes," I declared.

"Okay," she yielded, rising from her seat.

I removed my hijab, and together, we descended the stairs, venturing into the kitchen. Thirsty, I poured myself a glass of water and drank it in one go. Ummah joined us in the kitchen, exchanging pleasantries with Khady before turning to me. She requested that I fetch the cookies and more drinks, and once Khady departed, I set to work. With a tray of drinks and a bowl of cookies in hand, I made my way to the centre table. Hastily, I retrieved another empty bowl for the cookies, ensuring everything was arranged neatly. As I caught sight of Khalifa's missed call, I decided to call his number back.

"Hey, love," he greeted. Allah, I hate it when he does that. He's a big flirt. I placed the phone on speaker and left it on the kitchen island.

"Amna, can you hear me?" he inquired, but I continued munching on some cookies.

"Hello? Come on, I'm sorry. Say something," he pleaded.

"Goodbye," I responded, ending the call.

"That was rude," a deep voice remarked.

I turned around and found myself face to chest with the guy in Dark Blue. Faisal. His skin seemed to glow against the shade of blue he wore, adding to his overall radiance. My eyebrows furrowed, feeling flustered by his sudden appearance. Why is he here? I asked myself, feeling a bit dumb for even wondering. He's in your house, you dummy, my subconscious chimed in.

"Ammy wants to see you," he explained.

"Okay," I replied, setting down the plate of cookies I'd been munching on.

As I stood up and dusted off my skirt, Islaha entered the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. Talk about perfect timing! I grumbled inwardly.

"Yaya," she mumbled in her adorable baby voice.

"Hey there, little one," I said gently, removing her hands from her eyes.

Her expression shifted from surprise to sleepiness as she blinked up at me. I could tell she wanted to be carried on my back.