Chapter 1 | Autumnvale

This is it Autumnvale a simple town the Wilson Family is moving to, but sadly not everyone in the family agrees with this decision.

Emily sat beside her brother Oliver, she asked him "Do you seriously agree with us moving to Autumnvale?" Oliver responded hesitantly "Look Em I know you loved New York but after all the debts dad has, you know we can't afford to live there, mom c...

Emily sat beside her brother Oliver, she asked him "Do you seriously agree with us moving to Autumnvale?" Oliver responded hesitantly "Look Em I know you loved New York but after all the debts dad has, you know we can't afford to live there, mom can barely afford to pay rent."

Emily frowned in realization, she left out a sigh and whispered "I know and I understand, but why couldn't we just move in with Grandma Esther and leave Dad?" Oliver was speechless, He felt bad for Emily after hearing how she really feels.

Oliver didn't know what to say so he gave his sister a hug instead and encouraged her to try and like Autumnvale "Maybe it's not so bad Em, i promise we'll make it out of this together one day" Oliver said with a reassuring smile.

— MINUTES LATER — EMILY'S POV —

I was scrolling through my phone when i heard my father speak.

"We're here get your stuff out and start unpacking, and cook me dinner Claire!" He said arrogantly as they argued about how he spoke to my mom

Obviously i was annoyed, why is he speaking to my mother like that? And "Cook me dinner"?! Who the heck says that to his wife? And plus he's not the only one going to eat.

I'm 16 years old and I've hated my dad since i was 12, he was a great father and a great husband but that didn't last long. He cheated on my mother 7 times and the worst part is he started abusing me and my siblings along with my mother.

My mom says she loves my father and that he'll
change one day, but i think she's just doing it for us, So that we wouldn't have to carry the burden of not having a father. But deep down she knows me and my siblings prefer to not have one if it's Daniel Wilson that has to be our Father.

I was stuck deep inside my thoughts when my mom brought me back to reality, "Honey, c'mon lets go inside" She said sweetly. I looked at my mother with mixed emotions knowing she's hurt that her husband who used to be loving, talks to her like shes nothing to him now, and trust me I've tried many times to talk her out of this situation and she says she understands but she never puts it into action.