Chapter 3 | Secrets

— DANIEL'S POV — 3:00 in the morning —

I looked at the ceiling frightened of what i saw, it was Sarah Crawling above me. "Your a demonic creature!" I yelled at her.

I kicked the door multiple times hoping it would bust open, but then Sarah spoke. "Having a hard time Danny? Don't worry the suffering won't end yet, I'm gonna make sure it haunts you even when your dead!" She shouted.

— NARRATOR'S POV —

As Daniel's heart raced with fear, he found himself trapped inside the house with no escape to be found, the air thick with the scent of decay. With each thud against the door, his panic intensified, but Sarah's eerie voice cut through the darkness, freezing him in place. As she crawled above him, her ghostly form seemed to flicker with malevolent energy.

"You think you can escape, Daniel?" Sarah's voice echoed, dripping with malice. "But there's nowhere to hide from me. I'll haunt your every step, tormenting you until the end of time."

Daniel's breath caught in his throat as he realized the true horror of his actions. Trapped with the ghost of the woman he had wronged, he knew that escape was futile. In this chilling moment, he understood that he would be forever haunted by the consequences of his deeds.

As Daniel made a desperate dash for the back door, Sarah's spectral presence loomed ominously behind him, her ethereal form pulsating with anger. With trembling hands, he flung open the door and stumbled out into the cool midnight air, his heart pounding in his chest.

But as he raced down the steps, a sudden gust of wind slammed the door shut behind him, sealing him outside,With a bloodcurdling scream, Sarah unleashed her wrath upon the house.

Sending shockwaves of energy rippling through its walls. Windows shattered, furniture splintered, and the very foundation of the house seemed to quake with each furious outburst.

Daniel ran as fast as he could to the car and drove off to the police station.

— HOURS LATER — 5:30 in the morning

Daniel burst through the doors of the police station, his heart racing, gasping for air as panic gripped him. As he scanned the room, his eyes widened in shock as he spotted his wife, Claire, sitting with a group of officers, her expression resolute.

Daniel's mind raced with a mix of fear and disbelief as he realized that she had finally found the courage to escape his abuse and seek help from the authorities.

Not only that but he immediately thought of Sarah Greene, he knew that if he told them they'd just think he's a crazy motherfucker who abuses his family.

Which is true, he also knew that if the police found out he had a connection with the Sarah Greene case back in 2001 he would be done for.

Daniel's breath hitched as he watched Claire, his hands trembling with a mix of guilt and desperation. He knew he had to act fast, to find a way to salvage the remnants of his shattered life. With a forced calmness, he approached Claire and the officers, his mind racing for a plausible explanation.

As he drew closer, Claire's eyes flickered with a mixture of defiance and fear. "Daniel," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the hum of activity in the station.

Daniel swallowed hard, his throat dry. "Claire, please, let's talk," he pleaded, his voice cracking with emotion.

But Claire remained silent, her gaze unwavering. Daniel knew he had no choice but to play his last card. With a sinking feeling in his chest, he reached into his pocket and retrieved a crumpled photograph—the only evidence of his connection to the Sarah Greene case.