Chapter 2 | Where it all Begins

— CLAIRE'S POV —

"Kids its getting late you should all go to bed" i said. "Five more minutes mom!" Tim shouted.
I turned the television off and went to go prepare milk for Tim when i heard a loud scream.

"Kids?! Are you guys okay? What happened!?" I yelled in panic. I went upstairs and ran into my daughter grace, "mom, did you hear that too?!" Grace said in fear.

I nodded when another loud scream was heard by both of us, this time all of us heard it. Tim, Oliver and Daniel came running in the hallway. "What's going on? Why is it so loud!" Daniel shouted angrily.

I rolled my eye in annoyance hearing my husband complain, but then i realized something. "where's Emily?" And just as i mentioned my daughter's name another scream was heard, this time the scream was terrifying it sent shivers down my spine.

"Emily!?" Grace and I yelled as we ran to her bedroom door. "Emily open up!" Oliver shouted.

I banged on the door as tears started falling from my eyes until i was crying nonstop, my daughter is in danger and i can feel it.

"Daniel are you just gonna stand there and do nothing?!" I shouted in disbelief. "What do you want me to do Claire? She's your daughter deal with her yourself, she's probably just creating drama" he said.

I frowned in disgust hearing my husbands words to the point I couldn't handle it anymore, I slapped him on the face and said "FUCK YOU DANIEL!"I felt good about myself and clicked back into reality

I felt good about myself and clicked back into reality.

I kicked the door as hard as i could while the kids where trying to get daniel away from me, knowing daniel he can't stand being looked down on but he honestly deserves it.

Finally i was able to flung the door open, i stood there speechless looking at my daughters body on the floor her face full of blood.

I ran to Emily and hugged her as i shouted "CALL AN AMBULANCE OLIVER! PLEASE!" I cried out.

Grace's heart shattered in pieces causing her to cry aloud but she stood strong and kept Tim away so that he doesn't have to witness such a traumatizing event and specially seeing his sister in that situation.

— NARRATOR'S POV —

Eventually the ambulance along with the police arrived, the eldest kids were took into questioning along with their father. Whilst Claire was in the hospital crying her heart out seeing her daughter fighting for her life.

Minutes later Claire received a phone call from her Son Oliver, "Hello Oliver? Are you guys alright?" Claire said in a shaky voice. "Mom they couldn't find who did this to Emily, no evidence was left around our premises but don't worry they promised they'd do everything to give Emily the justice she deserves" Oliver replied as he cried along with his mother.

As Claire tries to compose herself in the hospital, she realizes the gravity of the situation. Determined to find answers and justice for Emily, she begins her own investigation, reaching out to neighbors, reviewing security footage, and even hiring a private investigator if necessary.