1•| Chicago

You know you can still change your mind" a voice from behind me says giving me a heart attack. "jeez Oroin you scared the crap Outta me".

He lets out a small chuckle for a split second and again in his 'all-so intimidating' look.

"language young lady" he speaks after clearing his throat. "Ay ay" I salute him following his orders. "tho I'm still gonna go, relax I have you and the reapers have uncle" I cover the side of my mouth with my hand and whisper before looking to if no one sees us. "mostly you".
I give him a wink and start packing most of my clothes getting all ready to leave the city.

I firmly grasp my luggage and make my way down the stairs of my mansion and out the gate to the car waiting for me. Ales, our driver, starts the car as I approach, and I assertively toss my luggage in the trunk.

I swing one of my bags around with confidence as I prepare to leave ales heads out of the car and offers to help me put my bags in the trunk ugh what does he think I'm a baby I'm very capable of doing such things.

I hear someone behind me clearing their throat. " Ales" Oroin says giving him a sharp stare aisle understands the assignment he takes the rest of my suitcase and puts it in the back of the car as I sigh in defeat.

"you know I'm very much capable of doing this stuff by myself nor do I need a driver to drive me from Rockford to Chicago it's like only a 2 hour from here".

I roll my eyes as Ales tries to take my bag from my hand I shrug the bag to me as he lets go in by the sudden movement hah gotcha I grasp my bag tightly as I dunk it in the trunk. Orion gives me a "Really?" kinda look as I force out a bit of a smile and hug him as he embraces me.

"all have you know I'm not gonna miss you, " I say sarcastically as he pats my head and speaks in a soft voice."I'm gonna miss you kiddo be safe and please don't get yourself in any kind of danger".

hearing such acquisitions a little pout appears on the side of my mouth, what does he think I'm 8?" I'm going to college not to a kindergarten you know Hee lets go of my head as he smiles warmly.

"you know what I'm talking about".I sigh and let out a tiny smile but he knows me too well.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye," I say, trying to stay positive. Orion gives me a warm smile and says, "Goodbye Kathrine, take care." I look at him for a moment before quickly getting into the car. "You too," I say slowly as I close the door.

The car starts and all I can do is look back at the mansion that holds so many memories for me. Damn, I'm going to miss it.

I relaxed and leaned back in my seat, staring at the clouds, moon, and stars. The beauty of the sky made me feel alive, but I couldn't help feeling anxious about living in a new city.

Kathrine was moving to a new city to attend college. Her father was always proud of her academic success, and when she discovered that he had attended the prestigious "Vinsania Elite University" (VEU) college, she decided to follow in his footsteps. Although she wasn't interested in the college's high status, she hoped to find a connection to her father and experience something new.

She had heard that Chicago was filled with mobsters, and deep down, she hoped to find the one responsible for her family's tragedy. She had to become a whole new person, just for the chance to avenge her loved ones and not to let any innocent ones suffer any longer.

Ales dropped my luggage in a parking behind the very University area it was dark so I couldn't get the details of the building itself except that it was hella enormous than I ever imagined.

I told Orion and the rest of them I was going to stay in one of the dorms. in the university.

"Miss Kathrine if I drop your luggage on your dorms" Ales asks placing the last suitcase down. "Ah well it won't be a problem ales I can do it thank you for everything I'll handle it from here" Ales gives me a concerned look "Miss bu- " I cut him off as his sweat breaks down from the side of my temple I was never good at lying " ales "

I glance straight at him as he stays still "The dorms are not far from here I'll handle it".

He gives me a single nod before bowing down a bit as he heads to the car "Be safe Kathrinee ".

I give him a nod as well as he leaves, I take my luggage and wait for an Uber I placed before reaching the university.

I noticed a notification on my screen saying 'Your ride has arrived.' Unfortunately, the Uber was waiting outside the main gate. I sighed and grabbed my suitcase, placing one bag in my left hand, one behind my back, and the last one in front of me as I dragged my suitcase with my right hand towards the Uber.

As I was about to get into the car and place my bags in the back, I heard voices in the distance. A group of people were making plans to go out in the night. I knew they were from the university, and being up late that night wasn't a good idea.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I looked up to see who they were. I met the gaze of someone with hazel-green eyes as I climbed into the back seat of the car.

I arrived at a quiet society, but that was to be expected as it was 4 am, and I preferred to leave at night since I hated mornings. It took me five minutes to find my apartment, which was my fault for not asking for more specific information. I managed to drag all of my belongings up the stairs in one go, and fortunately, the first door I tried was my apartment.

The owner had given my apartment keys to the apartment next door they had informed me, so I knocked on their door as overthinking started place in my idiotic head.

What if he is a seriawhatat if he an alcoholic and as they open the door the apartment rinks with cigars and alcohol?!!. Tho it can be a nice lady to pff, what if the nice lady has a husband or boyfriend that beats her up?! Okay Kathrine you're thinking too much I tell myself and wait.

After several minutes someone finally cracks open the door and my anxiety takes over me. Claim down Kathrine it's not like the person behind the door is holding a knife.

The door opens revealing a tanned-skinned boy with black eyes piercing all over his ears cross-shaped earrings dangling over his ears a single line tattoo on his neck on the right wearing nothing but oversized sweat pants.

Okay, is he a serial killer or am I just overthinking it? I always do ugh stupid Brian claim down it's your first time meeting someone new after decades of being locked up in a freakin new city that I decided to go out out of nowhere. I gulp as I am about to speak

"What the hell do you need chick " he cuts me off his dead heavy voice hitting my ears, What is chick even referring to?

I tug my lower lip under my tongue " I well I need .." as I was out to finish my sentence he leans his arms over the door frame " Don't tell me you one of them who gets drunk parting all night and end up in a strangers apartment ".

Okay, that's enough I had it with this guy and his stupid assumption.

I take a step closer almost stopping my teeth from grinding I glare at him "Look man so sorry about, this but I'm not your secret fantasies or whatever the hell you think" he opens his mouth to speak as I cut him off

"Just give me my dam keys". Tilt my head to the side placing my hand in front waiting for the keys. he glares at me and heads inside for a minute as he returns with a key handing it over "That's no way to talk to your neighbour" he speaks placing his hand on the door frame.

" That's no way to assume about a stranger, " I said before walking to my side of the apartment.

His resting hand crawls up into a fist as I ignore his presence and unlock my door. Pushing all my luggage inside in one fetal kick " That's more like it " I nod to myself placing my hands on my torso.

I hear a small chuckle from my side as the door closes, I head into my apartment leaving my stuff inside "Ah I'll take care of you babies tomorrow after college" I head to my room.

My apartment was pretty much empty except for a fridge, a stove, a table on the side of the living room and a bed in my room. I'll make sure to make you brand new baby I mumble jumping into my bed and staring at the ceiling as I slowly feel my eyes getting heavier "Well...it's gonna be a big day in the morning..agh.." thinking about it made my head hurt as I drive off to sleep eventually.