chapter 7

"NEVER EVER SHOW YOUR PATHETIC FACE TO ME!" screamed Jungkook punching Kai for the last time as he got up only to see Namjoon and Hosoek standing right in front of him.

Jungkook gulped hardly as he saw Namjoon and Hobi, knowing they would scold him. Meanwhile, Kai hurriedly ran away. "What's going on? Why were you fighting?" Namjoon asked angrily, his eyes filled with anger. He really didn't like any trouble at school. Jungkook wanted to explain but couldn't find the words, scared of Namjoon's anger.

Struggling, Jungkook managed to say, "He... he was troubling Tae." Namjoon and Hobi turned their attention to Tae, and Hobi inquired, "Is that true, Tae?"

Jungkook felt a wave of relief wash over him, realizing he didn't have to elaborate further, trusting that Tae would clarify the situation. However, Tae's next words caught him off guard, leaving him speechless. "Jungkook is lying, hyung... Kai is my friend. We were just talking, and he started the fight. I tried to stop, but he wouldn't listen to me," Tae explained innocently.

As soon as these words left from tae's mouth, Namjoon gave a harsh slap to Jungkook, causing him to stumble and fall. looked at tae with hurtful eyes. He lay there, staring up at Tae, his eyes filled with a mix of hurt and disbelief. How could Tae, his own twin, do this to him? He fought with Kai to protect Tae only to be betrayed by the very person he had fought for. It felt like a stab in the back, and Jungkook couldn't shake off the feeling of betrayal.

Hobi gripped Jungkook's hand tightly, pulling him up with force. "What do you think you are? A gangster?" he yelled his tone sharp with reproach. "When we train you to fight during your mafia training, you can't do it properly, and now you're picking fights for no reason?"

Jungkook gazed at Hobi with teary eyes, his voice trembling as he pleaded, "I wasn't fighting without reason, hyung... He was really troubling Tae." He desperately tried to make Hobi believe him.

Hobi slapped him with a great force and said "Oh, really? So, are you saying Tae is lying huh"? He said angrily. He will definitely not belive that tae can lie.

Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes as he realized they would never trust him over Tae. He turned to Tae, his gaze pleading, and whispered, "Tae hyung... please, tell them the truth."

Tae met his gaze with innocent eyes and replied, "What do you mean, Jungkook... I am telling the truth."

Jungkook was about to say something when Namjoon grabbed his hand roughly, pulling him towards the car despite Jungkook's pleas for him to let go, as the pain was unbearable. Hobi and Tae trailed behind, with Tae feeling satisfied seeing Jungkook treated this way. Despite his love for his twin, Tae couldn't shake the resentment of always feeling inferior to Jungkook, and his jealousy drove him to betray his brother in this manner.

When they got home, Namjoon grabbed Jungkook and pulled him out of the car, dragging him roughly to his room. His grip was so tight that it would definitely leave bruises. Namjoon was so angry that he didn't care how harshly he was treating Jungkook, causing him to trip over things along the way.

As they arrived at Jungkook's room, Namjoon roughly yanked him away, sending him crashing to the floor with a painful hiss. Namjoon's anger was evident; he hated seeing his brothers engage in senseless fights. With a stern expression, he unbuckled his belt, causing Jungkook's eyes to widen in terror. "Hyung... please, no... I'm not lying, please-" Jungkook's plea was abruptly halted by the belt's impact against his back.

The hit was really hard, and Jungkook couldn't help but cry out in pain. But Namjoon showed no mercy, relentlessly striking Jungkook's back with the belt. Jungkook's cries filled the room, but Namjoon didn't stop, not even giving him a moment to catch his breath.