Chapter 12: He loves me?

After Kelly stormed out of the car and left Ethan behind, she took some time to collect herself and process what just happened. Feeling a mix of anger, hurt, and liberation, Kelly decided to prioritize herself and her well-being.

She reached out to her friends, Gabe, Emma, and Max, seeking their support and understanding.

Kelly: Can we meet at Gabe's tomorrow?

Emma: Kay

Gabe: Y always my huose =⁠_⁠=

Max: You spelt 'house' wrong :⁠‑⁠X

"I'm sure you must be wondering why I called you all here," Kelly declared, her voice steady and determined as she paced back and forth.

"We're not! We know you're here to apologize, and we forgive you. We're also sorry for how we talked to you. We should have respected your decision. We want you to know that we support you, no matter what," Emma's words rushed out in a torrent, her embrace tight and sincere as tears streamed down her face. It was clear she had missed Kelly dearly during their time apart.

Kelly gently pulled away from Emma's embrace, a soft smile playing on her lips as she looked at each of her friends in turn. "That was too many 'we' in one sentence. I really sorry, you guys," she murmured, her voice tinged with genuine remorse.

"I have great news!" Emma interjected, her excitement palpable as she delivered her bombshell. "Gabe broke up with Priscilla!" The words hung in the air, met with a chorus of gasps and exclamations of joy. Kelly went closer to Gabe who had been standing in a corner this entire time.

"Congratulations. I knew something was different; you look fresher and happier. I am so proud of you," Kelly exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine joy as she practically leaped into Gabe's arms, embracing him tightly. Gabe couldn't help but smile at Kelly's infectious enthusiasm, feeling a warmth spread through him at her words.

"I was going to tell her myself, blabbermouth," Gabe teased, turning to Emma, who was giggling mischievously from behind Maxwell's protective frame.

"So, tell us, Kelly, what's new with you?" Emma's eyes sparkled with curiosity as she peeked out from behind Max.

"I broke up with Ethan," Kelly stated matter-of-factly, and Gabe felt a surge of emotion wash over him, a mix of relief and happiness flooded his senses. Emma noticed the shift in Gabe's demeanor and seized the opportunity to make a swift exit.

"We should probably go check on our car tires," Emma declared, grabbing Maxwell's arm and pulling him towards the door before he could even process what was happening.

"Our what?" Maxwell's confusion was evident as he stumbled along, completely unaware of the situation unfolding around him.

"So umm.. you really broke up with Nathan, huh?" Gabe's words slipped out with a mix of amusement and disbelief, but Kelly caught every syllable loud and clear. She was pretty much tired of correcting Gabe.

"Yeah, I did. He was pretty much a jerk, and I know... I know you were right," Kelly admitted, her tone tinged with a hint of sheepishness.

Gabe couldn't contain his laughter, the sound bursting forth from him in hearty chuckles. "Are you laughing at me?" Kelly shot him a playful glare, her brow raised.

"Haha, I was right and you were wrong," Gabe declared triumphantly between laughs, his amusement evident in the sparkle of his eyes.

"You are such a child. Anyway, I have to go now," Kelly announced, her smile softening her words. Gabe's laughter faded, replaced by a genuine look of concern.