06

I hope none of you have intentionally or unintentionally skipped any of the previous chapters. If you've, I command you to go back and read it! Sure, the plot and characters are very much raw at the moment and at the developing stage but I do believe every chapter contributes to give you insights about the character's personalities and help you connect with them. 

Enjoy the chapter and remember to take a moment to vote and comment!

✧.*  me and scary? please!  *⁠.✧

"What's wrong?" He asks in his fake accent, lowering his gaze.

It didn't take her a second to recognise him as her face hardens and she had a look which clearly said, "Not you again."

"Stay out of it." She warns.

"Mujhe mere paise chahiye. (I need my money)." The taller one of the two men tells firmly, his voice loud as if trying to intimidate.

She crosses her arms and when she speaks, her voice is calm, steady, in control. "Nahi milenge. (You won't get it)"

"Bhaiya, kitne paise hue aapke? (Uncle, how much is the amount?)" Zeeshan asks him as he retrieves his wallet from the pocket before the woman interferes and snatches it from him.

"Did I ask you to interfere? Why should we pay money when it's not our fault?"

"All they want is money. Just let me give them and we can leave."

"Samjhao apni girlfriend ko. (Make your girlfriend understand)." The shorter one says.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"I'm not his girlfriend!"

Both screeched in unison and glared at the two men.

They wince and look between them before the taller one asks Zeeshan. "Toh kon hai vo? (Then, who's she?)"

"Mujhe kya pata. (I don't know)." He answers, visibly baffled by the implication.

"Excuse me?" She intervenes. "Aap mujhse baat kijiye. (You talk to me)." She directs towards the men. "You know they can't pay you yet you're forcing them." She says pointing towards another woman standing at a distance with her two kids practically wrapped around her legs.

It was then when Zeeshan noticed them. "What exactly happened?" He murmurs, his confused gaze stuck on the poor lady and her kids.

"The boy was playing with a stick with his sister and unintentionally ended up colliding with their car's rear view mirror and damaging it." The charity lady points towards the kid cowering behind her mother and then at the car parked diagonally to her which belonged to the men. She looks around and finds someone. "Aap toh yahi thi na? (You were here the entire time, right?)" The woman to whom the question was directed looks around to make sure she was the one being spoken too. "Haa, aap hi. (Yes, you)." The charity lady confirms as she walks closer. "I get it was the kid's fault but is it right to demand money from people who certainly won't be able afford it? I mean, look at them," she points at the family of three, the mother in a saree that seemed to have been unwashed for a long time, the kids wearing old, torn clothes, "they're hardly making ends meet. Do you think it's okay to ask money from such people?"

The woman who till now seemed to be enjoying the drama found herself in a spot and Zeeshan understood that the charity lady did it intentionally to pressurize the man to let the situation slide. "Rehne dijiye. Bada dil rakhke maaf kar dijiye. (Let it go. Keep a big heart and forgive them)." She hesitantly says to the man and looking at her, few spectators urge for the same.