Chapter-17

Guys, please fill the comments section with your words because this chapter is really close to my heart, and I want all of you to be involved in it as well. They are finally getting married, and writing this part was the best thing I've experienced. Everyone, please fill the inline comments and silent readers please apne mobile ka keyboard open kariye or kuch type kariye....It would mean a lotttttt.🩷🤌🏻

And also, please read the author's note given at the end of the chapter. It's about the update and everything.

__________________

|  A  D  V  I  K  A  |

The only thing Aarush Rathore did was fucking ignore me—during every function, every phone call, every meeting. It felt like he deliberately avoided me in every freaking possible way, leaving me feeling frustrated and invisible.

And I fear my life will continue like this—messed up and chaotic—until God knocks some senses to that stubborn human known as Aarush Rathore among the human species.

Throughout our engagement, haldi, mehendi, sangeet, and other festivities, our family members reveled in joy. As for myself, I did find enjoyment in the celebrations, yet it would have been more fulfilling if Aarush had been by my side, not purposefully avoiding me.

Even during our bachelor's party, he was doing nothing but to ignore me. As if I am invisible, or worse, that my mere presence suffocated and frustrated him, and  that's the reason he keeps running away from me.

But to be honest, somewhere, I truly understand him. He didn't say he would give me attention; he made everything crystal clear to me that there would be nothing romantic between us. All of this is just for show.

And he is doing what he said. As for my feelings, I have to control them. I agreed to the offer with a clear conscience, so I can't blame Aarush for the indifference he is showing towards me. He is right in his place.

Somewhere, my heart entertained the possibility that he could also treat me as a friend instead of ignoring me, which would be better.

But again, my cunning part which is my brain made me believe that it would give a wrong message. If Aarush forwards his hand for friendship then maybe I will start hoping for more. And he doesn't want to give me any wrong messages, he doesn't want to give me the wrong hopes—the hopes he will never be able to fulfill.

So, he chose to keep his distance, to maintain the boundaries he set from the beginning. And as much as it hurts, I understand his decision, even if my heart yearns for something more.

"Ma'am, it's done," the hairstylist's voice broke through my thoughts. I nodded with a smile on my face, and she returned the gesture.

Gazing at myself in the mirror, I admired the perfect hairstyle that complemented my look. The makeup, skillfully applied, enhanced my beauty even more, and the lehenga that Aarush had selected for me completed the ensemble.

The mere thought of him choosing a lehenga for me made me blush, my cheeks warming up to a rosy hue that matched the color of my wedding lehenga, the natural blush blending seamlessly with the artificial one.

"Thank you, you all can go now." I said to the makeup stylist and the hairstylist present in the room. They gave me a gentle smile before collecting their belongings and heading out of the room, finally giving me some space.