The Best Gift

Ellie's POV

Its been a few days. And I want to go home. Its Sonny's birthday today. He is twenty. Its about five in the morning.

I know it sounds mean but without telling Sirah, I got out of the house. I stopped when I realized Marshall was sitting on the porch.

"Uh, Marshall im going to go okay?"

Marshall nodded. "Why..."

"Today is Sonny's birthday."

"Oh, how old?"

"Twenty..."

"Oh....Hey can I tell you something."

"Yea...."

"Well...you seem close with Sirah.....so you deserve to know....she went to the doctors to get checked out....the doctor called, told me she has Adrenal Cancer...."

"....is it deadly...?"

"I don't think so...I don't know...I really dont want to tell Sirah."

"....Uh...I don't either..."

I walked away, pretty sure knowing my way back. I felt bad for Marshall. And Sirah. I wiped away a few tears and Eleanor blankly looked at me.

She has been missing for a while, she has changed so much. Her hair is grown out, her eyes got greener....

I have lost so many people in my life. I can't lose Sirah. If Sirah leaves me all I will have is Sonny and Darin. I don't even know if I should trust him.

I feel like I really should.

--

I entered the building and went up the elevator and walked in front of the apartment door.

I was scared.

I tried to open the door, it wasn't locked, it was open. Is Sonny looking for a death wish or something? Literally that just makes it easier for my mom to come in.

I walked in. "Hello?"

I looked in Sonny's room to find him sleeping.

I thought I should get some sleep too. I know I did but I'm still really tired.

I shut the door and locked it and went in my room. With Eleanor in my arms, I fell asleep and so did she.

--

I opened my eyes and Eleanor wasn't in my arms. I sat up and found her sitting in the middle of the floor.

My heart was pounding as I picked her up. I get so scared when I lose her.

For that quick second I thought she was kidnaped again.

I got up and walked into Sonny's room. He was just waking up so I was about to walk out but....

"Ellie...?"

I turned around. "Happy birthday Sonny.... "

"Ellie!"

He jumped out of bed and hugged me so hard that I was afraid he was going to hurt Eleanor.

"Jesus! Where have you been?"

"At Sirah's brothers house."

He laughed a little. "Ellie this is all my fault im so sorry. Its not your fault that Mallory's dead. Its father's. I love you. Let's just put this behind us okay?"

I nodded. "I love you too."

"This is the best birthday gift I could Ever ask for...." He said

I was about to say something but I heard something.

We both turned around and found the front door wide open. And mother was in our apartment.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

XxxxMikeyxxxX