Chapter 49

He chuckled as I said that, he was laughing at a time like this? "You dumb ass, you are getting married next week to the mother of your only child!"

"And?" He said as he walked into the bathroom, leaving it wide open.

"And?" I said as I turned my back to the door so I wouldn't be tempted to look inside. "Xavier Lynn Mercedes!"

"That is my name." He said with a slight laugh in his voice.

"I can not be married to you!" I screamed as I pulled the ring off and chunked it at him.

"Ouch!" He screamed as the ring fell to the ground in a thud. "We don't even know if it is real."

"That is true." I said in a low voice as I walked over to the bed. "But what if it is?"

"So what?" He said as he walked back out and pulled on his jeans. "I have always wanted to marry you."

"Xavier, just because we had a fling back then doesn't mean we can have one know." I said as I looked at him, remembering back to the time we were dating. Then without me knowing I spoke, "I am in love with my the father of my children."

"How can you be in love with him?" He asked as he walked over to me. "He is a prick."

"Xavier, we were young and stupid." I said as I looked up at him, his hands were behind my neck. "We didn't even know we were cousins' then."

"Yeah and there isn't a day that passes by that I wished that, we had never found out." He said as he undid the chain that was arond my neck. "Just wear it for now."

"Fine." I said as he put it around my neck again, I pulled out my cell phone to find 10 missed call from Kimmy, 20 from Cam, 6 from Noah, and 2 from Kyle. 'Wow so much for him trying to get ahold of me.' I thought to myself as I looked at the number of times Kyle tried to call me. I could have been lost in Vegas for all he cared, I rolled my eyes as my thoughts and our talk got interrupted by a knock on the door. I stood up and walked to the door. "Hello?"

"Ms. Way?" The young boy asked as he held his hands behind his back.

"This is she." I said as I looked at him with a confused face, I sounded like I was on the phone with someone who wanted to talked to me.

"There was a note left at the desk for you this morning." He said as he pulled yet another red envelope out of his back pocket. "And another one from your friends."

"Thank you." I said as I took up the crinkled folded up paper and the red envelope from him, gave him a small tip and sent him on his way. I stood by the door as I opened the red envelope to see what the mystery person left me again.

Go downstairs and you will find a brand new car, the keys to the car are taped to the back of the head board, by the way I want to congratulate you on your marriage. I hope you two last the longest of time, besides me and my first marriage. Also I think you went to bed with the wrong guy last night. -N.M.

My mouth fell open as I read the last part, did he mean that Xavier wasn't the man I married? I didn't think about it anymore I shoved it into my back pocket and walked back into the room where Xavier was laying on the bed. "Who was it?"

"Looks like, the group left me... or us a letter." I said as I flipped open the paper. "I hope you two sleepy birds get enough rest, if you want to find us we are either in the dinning room get breakfast or down the street shopping. Love you!"

"Wow, not a surprise to me." Xavier spoke as he set up. "If Shay gets hungry she has to eat then or the person she is with will die."

I didn't say a word as I looked at the ring that was now on my necklace, when I saw Xavier looking at me I tucked into my shirt and picked up the jeans I was wearing last night. I pushed one hand into one of the pockets to find a crumbled up paper, I pulled it out and looked at it. Congratulation to Mr. and Mrs. Mercedes,my eyes trailed to the names there were on the paper and the weight of Xavier lifts off of me.

"I am not married to you!" I screamed as I jumped up on the bed and began to jump. "I am now a Mercedes, but not yours."

"To who then?" He asked as he looked at me, I could tell by my happiness that his heart broke a little.

"I am married to your brother."

"Kyle?"

"No!"

"Noah?"

"Yes!" I screamed as I bounced up and down, and then it hit me. The letters and the gifts that were being sent to me where from Noah, his name is Noah Mercedes! But wait I didn't know he was married once be.... Oh my god Nikki was his first wife! But he brought her with him so that it would look like they are still married! I got this, it's all figured out, but wait I don't like Noah! I don't remember what happened next because I passed out.