Are you In?

Imogen

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncovered my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded me. It also didn't help that the annoying blonde boy next to me kept calling my name. I stretched my arms above my head and yawn.

"What?" I whined, slightly irritated because I was woken before I wanted to.

"Don't want to freak you out, but where did you plan to get off?" He asked, stuffing his back-bag with the notebook lying on his lap.

I rubbed my knuckles onto my eyes causing myself to see thousands of different black and white shapes. "Umm I was thinking about Miami," I answered.

"Don't panic, but we passed Miami an hour ago," he said.

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

How long was I asleep for?

"Where are we then?" I asked, staring out the window noticing the buzzing tourists taking pictures by a palm tree.

"Clearwater," he replied, snapping the clip on his backpack.

"Well, that should be fine," I said, shaking my leg impatiently waiting for the neartest bus stop.

It took around five minutes before the bus stopped again and immediately unbuckled my belt. I squeezed myself through his legs and thanked the bus driver as I stepped off the bus. 

The overcast sky was streaked by brilliant orange, the sinking sun giving a new light to this town. In the haze of the morning, I felt my loose dress starting to cling to my back. I alway hated sweating! With a skin as pale as mine sweating made it seem like I was fuming with anger.

At least, I was still in my black dress which gave my legs more room to breathe. But the sun was being absorbed by the dark shade of my dress causing me to sweat even more. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up getting a sunburn in a few minutes. 

"Hey, hold up!" he said, causing my eyes to roll back in annoyance. 

"Why are you here?" I spat, using my hand to cover the sun and get a better view of everything.

"Wanted to give a pretty girl company," he winked, causing my stomach to churn. He pulled a pair of sunglasses from his backpack and swiftly placing it on my face. "You wouldn't last a few minutes without me."

"Oh, so are you saying just because I'm a girl that I need a boy to watch over me," I ranted. "I don't need no man t-."

"Okay, shhh," he whispered, covering my lips from finishing the sentence. His cheeks were bright pink and his eyes darted towards the people around us. "I didn't mean it like that okay. You seem cool and I want to get to know you better."

He slowly removed his palm from my lips. "Okay, than tag along? I don't really care," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Don't worry, I'll make it worth your time," he winked, clutching onto his backpack strap and followed me down the block.

"If you really want to make it worth my time than you should buy me breakfast because I'm straving," I complained, pouting my bottom lip at his direction.

"Anything for you, sweetheart," he said, pulling his phone out from his pocket. "Have a certain place you want to eat at?"

"I'm craving waffles," I said, feeling my mouth water at the thought of a waffle sitting in front me.

"Got it, the place is the only ten minutes away," he said, grabbing ahold of my hand.

And instantly I wanted to slap him but I fought myself back.