Chance

Imogen 

"Rebel, I think Mom's alive," I said.

"It could be possible," Rebel said scratching his head. "We don't know If mom or dad came from a special family."

"Maybe we can go ask those people questions," I said.

"I have to go with you." He said.

"Yea, I know. There's a number in the back of this book. I could try calling and say we need to talk." Rebel nodded, and I took my phone out to dial the numbers. I pressed the call button and waited for someone to answer. After a few rings, someone answered the call.

"Umm Remember me? I'm Imogen," I said, praying the number was actually his.

"Wow, you're calling this fast. I can see the book interested you. What can I help you with?" He asked.

"I need to ask you a question. Is it possible for my brother and me to go see you tomorrow?" I asked, biting my nails.

"Actually all of us need to have a chat." 

"What you mean us?" I asked, furrowing my brows as I glanced at Rebel.

"All the special families want to discuss the ritual. I think it's coming," he explained.

The ritual?

"Coming?" 

"There are signs when it's coming. It happens every few thousands of years."

"Than sure we might as well all meet," I said, shrugging my shoulder.

"Perfect, I'll text you where we can all meet! Oh, by the way, my name is Robert"

A few seconds later I received a text from him. He sent the address for tomorrow. I placed my phone back in my pocket and joined Frankie and Rebel for the Harry Potter marathon. Around Half-blood prince I fell asleep. I woke on the couch alone. I opened my eyes and check my surrounding for Frankie or Rebel. It was dark when I awoke. 

I stretch my body on the couch and saw the alarm clock say 11. Well, no way I can sleep now. I saw the lights on upstairs. I got up went into my room which is the first room on the right side. I sat down on my bed but heard laughing coming from the bathroom. 

The bathroom door was open so I walked and saw Frankie laughing at probably a stupid joke that Rebel said. I wiped my eyes and yawned really loudly. Frankie and Rebel stared at me and it made me feel like I just ruined something. Frankie ran up to me and hugged me.

"Let's go read the book some more," Frankie said grabbing my hand taking me back to my room. 

We spend most of the night reading about all of the families. I wondered who these people were and what all of this meant. I haven't seen any of the name in my school. The families should probably be people around us. I never thought my life could ever become this interesting. My family is by far the most complex and has the most rules to learn about.

----

I heard my phone vibrate against my desk causing me to wake up. As I reached for it , my eyes were squinting because of the brightness. I almost thought it was a text from Lucas but it was notification from school. What a great way to wake up in the morning, seeing a twenty three in my grade book. 

"Wow!" I yawned 

"Come eat food. It's almost 11 you have to get ready." I did a thumbs up and got up.

I walked to the table. Rebel gave me a plate of pancakes. I poured some syrup on it and enjoyed every bite of it. After my breakfast I went up to my room to use the bathroom. After I finished my business I took a quick shower and changed into a black sweatshirt and denim shorts with converse. I walked downstairs and once again saw Rebel and Frankie basically flirting.