I Need You

Imogen

"What happened to your soulmate?" I asked.

Rebel sighs, gazing up at the ceiling, "Well Jenny, she passed away before I could even get to know her," he frowned, shifting his eyes from ceiling to me. "But Emma... Emma, she was breathtaking, with her long wavy blonde hair and blue soulful eyes. She would always get agitated when I chewed loudly, which I always did on purpose." I saw Rebel's lips curved up into a slight smile.

"Like Lucas," I smiled, reminiscing about how similar our soulmates are.

"You could say that," he said.

"So what happened between you and Emma?" I asked, sadly staring at him, wondering if I could have had a sister-in-law.

"Well, we fell in love as everyone else does. I loved the way I made her smile, it was all I needed. We were together for about 3 years, but out of nowhere. She disappeared from my life. No message or calls. The girl I was willing to give my life for was now gone like she never existed," His smile faded and turned into tears. I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his back slowly.

"It's okay. If it's meant to happen it will!" he assured, trying to convince himself. 

I should be this positive. 

"I'm going to check on Lucas," I mumbled, withdrawing my arms from him, strolling out the kitchen.

"Okay. But Imogen," he called out.

"Yes?" I swung around to face him.

"Don't ever let Lucas go. That love happens once in a lifetime," he smiled.

"I thought you liked Drew," I asked, raising one of my eyebrows.

"Well, I still prefer him but I wouldn't want my baby sister to be with someone like him. Lucas is your soulmate. I can see from the way you guys look at each other," he grinned. 

I turned back around, walking down the hall to the living room. I didn't plan on letting Lucas go. We have such a genuine bond with each other; it feels like time ceases when I'm with him. When we were kidnapped, having him by my side gave me hope. When Drew saved me, my heart yearned for Lucas's presence. 

When I entered the living room, I saw Lucas rubbing his eyes and trying to lift himself up.

"Imi!" he groaned, my heart melting at the sight of him yawning.

"Shhh... You should be resting," I kneeled down picking up the ice pack that was used on his eye. "Should I get you a fresh one?" 

Lucas tenderly grabbed my arm. "Come, lay down with me," he whined, causing a giggle to escape my lips. 

My body collapsed onto the couch, pulling his head into my lap. I cherish his charming features as he tangled his fingers in my hair. Even with a swollen eye and busted lip; he still looked astounding. Lucas stared into my eyes, deeply memorizing the color and shape of them as he slowly started to lean in. 

My eyes shut the moment his lips met with mine, my bottom lip hugged at his upper lip while he tilted forward. Gently kissing each other, I smiled a little in the kiss when he pulled away by surprise. I gave him a genuine smile, biting my lip a bit. I traced my fingers all around his cheeks, admiring his every feature. These small moments make up for everything we just went through.

"I feel safe when I'm with you," I whispered, feeling my cheeks start beaming.

"I feel complete when I'm with you," he laced his fingers with mine, causing goosebumps to appear on my arms.