Chapter 2 - The first sign

I was sitting in the living room, 2 weeks ago, with my parents watching T.V. That was where I first saw it; the first sign of the Infection.

Sitting all upside down on our russet colored couch, my feet sticking out over the head, I was pretty much watching my favorite T.V show on 'Treehouse'. My little pony; Friendship is magic was my favorite show on earth I'd tell you!

I was already singing happily in tune with the opening, until suddenly, the channel switched. Jaw dropping, was on the T.V screen now was Fox news-One of the most boring channels ever known in my T.V history!

"Sorry Rim," I heard daddy say behind me. "Just need to check the news for a minute. A buddy just called told me to check something out."

"But dadddddd." I then stuck out my bottom lip in a pout. This so wasn't fair!

He was already seated beside me, the remote in his hands. And that's when mommy enters the room as well.

"Rima sweetie, put your feet down and sit up straight!" Mommy slapped my feet, and quickly I do. As she stands behind the sofa leaning leaned against it, she too, has her attention on the News.

I frowned. Now they were both hogging the T.V?!

Hpmh! An angry face was on my face the entire time daddy and mommy watched the boring 'news' channel.

Finally daddy notices, and turns to me.

"Don't worry dear, it'll just be a few minutes."

He smiles, patting my head lightly. "You can watch My little pony afterwards, I promise."

At that moment, I no longer felt angry at him. Smiling back, I replied, "Ok daddy!"

Turning back to watch the dull, boring channel, something then caught my attention; on the screen was a man, supposedly as old as daddy, wearing a black fancy-looking suit. He held a microphone, and was talking into it while looking back at us.

"Mommy, that's a news-reporter, right?" I pointed at the screen.

"That's right." She nodded, lightly brushing my hair.

I smiled proudly, before facing to the T.V screen.

"Here, we meet Dr. Horace, who is the head of the project!" The news reporter in the screen declared.

The other man in the screen, standing beside the speaker, wore a white lab coat and a face mask. It was a scientist!

Though I didn't really know what they were talking about, the screen then shows them both headed into a weird whitish place; a hospital?

"Is that a hospital?" I asked daddy. He only motioned me to be quiet.

"So, I see you've been leading this operation for how long now?" The news reporter asks to the dirty-blonde haired man.

"Awhile now." The scientist answered. "We haven't been able to progress fluently as we'd thought. A new unknown virus has been born within our country, amongst many other diseases. Mainly urban areas are succumbing to this disease, known as the R-syndrome. This could be one of the most dangerous threats we'll have to face in the future, if not dealt with!"

A virus? I wondered.

As the two people continue chatting, that's when I could feel the boredom return. It was just more talking in this show.

"Daddy," I complained, this time tugging on the sleeve oh his T-shirt. "Daddy can I watch now? Can I, can I?"

"Rima dear, please!" Daddy harshly hushed. "Later ok? I know you can wait."