Chapter 4 - 4 years later

To any one that read up to this point THANKYOU ^.^ !!!! I hope you enjoyed the prologue. Now's where the adventure really starts, so please continue AND ENJOY!

___4 years later_______________

And that's how it all began.

The loud rumbling sounds were all that I hear, echoing through these hallways, as I vacuum through the floors, of a small quiet hallway in the building. My hands became somewhat weary and sore, just from holding the handle for almost an hour straight. But, I can only continue, cleansing the beige-tiled grounds all by myself, hoping to mop up of all these left dust and dirt. The floors were mildly covered in footprints, and such (due to the number of people that would walk by). Fortunately, not much people travel through this corridor though-at least, until yesterday.

The day before, I remember seeing many people walking through this way. While I was walking by, I spotted many soldiers crossing by, each pair grasping a long stretcher with something covered. A voice whispers for to go check and ask, but I'd rather not. Whatever it was they were hiding, it doesn't concern me, right?

It was odd though, since none of the rooms were close here. Nor were there any rooms at all, here (excluding the cleaning room and storage). Or at least, that's what I think.

I sigh. Nothing really surprised me her nowadays. Each day is spent living here, normally continuing onto the next. Everything was normal at Professor Grants residence, (some hospital-like building) in southern Nevada; One of the only existing place that I knew, was safe. The only home, that was infectious-free, from those things.

The rest, all other parts of the US and beyond were infected; overrun by them, I was told.

Last time I saw my old home, I've both witness and experience the worst, any other young could've in their childhood; seeing their own parents, be devoured by flesh eating corpses.

Apparently, it wasn't just Galleo town that was ambushed. There were at least 5 other places which were attacked, such as San Francisco and Georgia. Probably even more places I haven't heard of--and never will again.

Being one of the last few survivors of my hometown, it was already clear from what I've witnessed as a child. The whole country, along with its civilization, has crumbled--succumbed, to those infected beings, just nearly a year: To one single virus, one that Professor Grant is currently trying to stop from spreading.

After being rescued by Mr. Chantel (My father's good friend), Professor Grant (A Professional doctor) still had to take blood tests from me regularly, claiming it for his 'experiment', whatever that meant.

I then stopped to think. His experiment...

Sometimes, I wonder what his experiments are. Will I ever get to see it myself? Why won't he show it to me?

I thought deeper into this confusing, depressing thought. What if he didn't want to show it to me? In that case, what would the reason be?

Suddenly, I come to a freeze, as I hear something. It sounded like a moan; or, a scream.

I quickly turn off the vacuum, nervously looking around; there was no one around. The pale light now slightly flickers over my head.

Though the strange noises were gone, I somehow sense, knew I wasn't alone. I wait for a few ore seconds, no longer detecting the noise.

"H-h-hello?" I call out shakily. But, there was no answer. Then, slowly the moans and screams returns, this time continuing on like a faint siren.

"Who's there?" I dare to speak out again. None of the sounds seem to be replying back. So instead of standing here, calling out like an idiot, I decide to trace the sound, my ears being as the navigator. As I cautiously advance forward, I notice how it seemed to be coming somewhere in the corner left of the hallway. I walked to the corner and turn, only to spot another long white hallway.