Chapter 13 - Prey Befriends the Predator (Part 1)

New immediate thoughts ran through my mind. Why didn't he kill me? Or at least injured me?

I then looked down at my own scratched up knees. Well, I sure did idiotically.

As I got up, I could feel the rush of adrenaline decrease within the atmosphere. Shocking, how just a few seconds ago, was one of the most monstrous battles I've seen--since the day of the zombie attack back home in Galleo town.

I looked around, at how much this place had changed. It was a catastrophe.This place was no more then a dead waste-land now, refilled with new corpses left to rot.

I take took a few steps at first, though eventually started to walk. Walking to who-knows-where, while my mind fills with thoughts. What should I do now? That zombie boy helped me when he didn't need to-plus, left me unhurt. Worst of all, he got hurt. And now he's gone, hopefully not dying slowly. I gulped at that thought. At that point, guilt ran through my veins. Would it be ok, if I were to at least say thank you?

A voice, cold and dark whispers in my ear, 'Are you crazy?! He's a zombie. You're lucky the predator didn't even eat you young prey.'

I couldn't argue to that. But I then remembered what Professor Amy told me.

Sometimes, doing the wrong thing, can actually mean doing good for another.

And with that I began searching for him. On the floor, I noticed a very small but noticeable trail of blood, it's blood still fresh. It was Abnormally black, way too dark to be the liquid of a human.

Zombie blood.

That was probably the only hint I had to finding him. Using my eyes as the guide, I then began to follow the yucky tracks of blood.

Before sunset hit, I was cornering a truck, but stopped. The lining of blood on the sandy floors seemed to continue on around the truck. I slowly begin to back up, poking an eye out to see just in case. And he was there, leaning his back onto an old rusted trailer.

Not much blood streamed from his head now, though his whole tattered clothing was soaked in blood. This was the first thing I see. I cant lie now, and say my eyes didn't scan the amount of blood drizzled among the rubble grey floors. His coat had not only blood, but mud smudges down the front. A sigh came from him as he felt his wounded forehead.

Although he was not severely wounded, he was still hurt. I bit my lip, feeling a shiver run down my spine. But right then and there, his eyes shoot towards my direction.

Gasping, I quickly ducked from sight. Oh no.

I close my eyes, struggling to maintain my self-control. You wanted to follow him yourself. It's either run, or go up to him: Although running may be worst. Make your decision.

Using all the courage I had left, I came out to reveal myself. Hopefully this was the right choice. Fortunately the zombie boy doesn't react. He simply just stares at me, red pupils glowing through his dark eyes: A zombies stare.

For a moment there was silence. As my eyes stare back at him, I then find myself approaching him slowly with caution, hoping my next move wouldn't be my last. Yet, with every step I took, my heart beats would grow louder and faster. Time seemed to be frozen as I moved. My courage is reaching over its limit now.

His eyes stays glued on me, like a hungry wolf. But, I couldn't tear my eyes away from him now.

In a few minutes (which felt more like hours), I finally stop, standing just a few feet away from him. We looked at each other for a long time. And oddly enough, I somehow didn't feel scared anymore. My whole body seemed to relax.