Awake

I woke up the next morning and made my down town to the hospital that Jack was staying at. As I walked into his room I felt awkward and scared. But somehow I was also extremely hopeful that he was awake. As I walked up to his bed his voice boomed. "Who are you?" He asked me. Butterflies fluttered around me as I realized he was truly awake.

"It's Megan Brooks." I said with a smile, I walked to the other side of the bed to see him.

"Oh! Hey!! I guess I owe you an explanation now." He said with a smile, I nodded. But just as I did I realized he couldn't see me and instead I just said yes. This would take some getting use to.

"Well it's hard to explain, but please promise me that no matter what I say it won't change your feelings towards me." He said calmly. I agreed to his terms and eagerly awaited a answer, what could have happened?

"So I was driving home and I got a call from my EX girlfriend.I stopped at the red light and waited for her to continue. She dropped a huge bomb on me, she's pregnant with my child." He stopped and waited for a response from me. But I didn't know how to respond to that. I just told him to go on.

"After that I freaked out and ran the red light, I crashed into a incoming SUV and that's the last thing I saw." He finished. I didn't know how to react, he was going to be a Dad?

"When did you...you know...with her..." I asked uncomfortably.

"I don't know, like 7 months ago?"

"And how many months is she?"

"I don't know."

"Does she have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"You may not be the father."

"You think?"

"Yes."
~*~

For the rest of the day while Jack was still healing and I was in his room we would do one of two things.

*Work on the Brickstons wedding

*Find out how to prove he's not the father/figure out what to do if he is the father.

Once Jack went to sleep I closed up the wedding planning for the Brickstons. They were overjoyed to have their wedding planned so quickly. After I ended that call, I went up to the front of the clerks desk at the hospital to talk about Natalie and her pregnancy.

"So my boyfriends ex-girlfriend is pregnant, but we don't know if it's his child. Can we take a test?"

"Well, we have two tests one for in the womb and one when the baby's out."

"Can we take the 'in the womb test'?"

"It's risky, it may expose the baby to some bad stuff that can potentially hurt its growth,but either way the Mom has to agree."

I totally forgot about that part, how were we going to get her to agree?

~*~

"Hello, is this Natalie?"

"Yes, who's speaking? Come on I don't have all day." Wow, attitude. Remind me never to get pregnant.

"Sorry, this is Megan Brooks. Current girlfriend of Jack Brewer." I added, she hissed on the other line.

"Well then you must know he's my baby daddy."

"Well, I was actually going to talk to you about that."

"What's there to talk about? We fell in love and now I'm pregnant."

"Are you sure it's his?"

"Yes I'm sure, I know who I sleep with." She barked out at me.

"How many months are you?"

"4"  Only four months? Then how could he be the father?

"Would you mind taking a DNA test?" I said out of nowhere.

" B**** why don't you believe me?"

"I never said that-" and then she hung up on me.

~*~

"You called her? Why?"

"I wanted to know the truth." I said to Jack.

"How did you even get her number?"

"Your phone..." I said quietly. The way he was talking to me was the way my mother talked to me as a child.

"It may not be yours. She's only 4 months!" I said before he yelled at me again.

"Really? Well we should still test her."

"Yeah about that, she's not agreeing to the terms."

"What? Can't we make her?"

"Not until the Baby's born, if we do anything now the baby may be affected."

His face wrinkles smoothed out as his voice got softer. "Well we can't have that, no one hurts (my possible) baby."

"I guess we'll just have to wait it out."

"5 months."

"5 months, but in the mean time we should work on your vision. And figure out what to do if it's yours."

"Agreed." He said.

"Agreed." I repeated, while making my way out of his room.

Hope you liked this chapter, remember to like and comment!