Chapter 5

3 years later......

Well life has been very good to me. Sitting on the porch of my beach house I listen to the waves of the oceans waiting for my little pink foot to wake up from his afternoon nap.

Let's rewind to the day I was discharged from the hospital.

I never told my parents that Dilton asked for a divorce the day he visited me. I went home playing it off as if he was on an emergency business trip.
After about two weeks of recovery, I started writing. I actually put my degree in use and started writing a book. Most would think I wrote fiction, but in reality I wrote my life story. My book was published seven month after I started writing. It became a best seller overnight. I wrote the book under a alias. So no one would know I am the writer. That worked I listened to my mom and her friend quoting lines from it very often.

After I had my book published I sold the house. It felt like a mountain was lifted from my shoulders after that. I could breath again no reminders of my past life nothing.

I never saw Dilton again unless it was in the gossip magazines or the news. He was even more successful then he was before we got divorced. We never did make it public nor did I tell my parents. I just always had a good excuse for him not to attend doctors appointments or family gatherings. I suppose they smelt a dead rat but never pointed me out on it.

However the day I wanted to sell the house. I was kindly informed that Dilton and I both still own the house he never signed it over to me. And unless he signs the papers I can't sell the house. Well I made a meeting with him through his secretary who glady assisted, as she though or must I say she was told I went on a extended vacation. The nerve of that man. I did ask her to not tell him it was was I was afraid that he might refuse to see me. She was happy to help with the suprise. Over that past seven months I lost nearly 30 pounds and looked even better than I did before. So I got dressed up in a tight red dress with black pumps and my hair into loose curls as for make up I went for a light smokey look.

Well the look I got when I entered his office was worth the effort.

"Lizzy?" His mouth was hanging wide open. But I kept my shield up. I will not show him how he broke me.

"Dilton it's good to see you. How have you been?" I ask with a sweet smile. But before he could answer I cut him off

"I want to apologise in advance for desturbing your work day but I need your assistance." He just sat there staring at me undressing me with his eyes. Looking like a hungry predotor.

"I take that as a yes that you would assist me then. Anyway part of our agreement was that I can keep the house. But you see I have a small problem you are still Co owner of the house. So I need you to sign these papers to transfer it to my name as sole owner." His mouth moved but no words came out. How much I still loved this man he was my first love and would most probably be my last.

"Liz, I must say you look better than ever. With regards to the house no I am sorry I changed my mind. I don't want you to sell it so I am sorry I can't transfer the rights" I looked at him. And the look on his face told me that he was dead serious.

"Okay how much do you want for your share?" I asked with a small smile playing on my lips.

"I don't want to sell my share however, I will give you three million for you share." I looked at him our house was well worth fifteen million.

"I will take seven million."

"Okay, seven million it is. You still have the same banking details?" I nod at him as he turn towards his screen and start typing. Not long after he looks over too me while handing me a piece of paper.

"Here is the house deed please sign here and here and here. Then here is you proof of the wire monies. Just one last thing I need you to vacate the house within 24 hours. I will be taking residency there." I signed where he pointed out and folded up the paper that was my proof.

"Thank you Dilton. Hope you have a successful life in the future and have a happy family with your mistress. I hope she makes you happy. " with that I stood up and made my way to the door. I heard him calling me as the elevator doors closed. I just shook my head and smiled a lone tear running down my cheek as we looked in to each others eyes for the last time.

So that was the last time I saw the father of my child. I never went back home. I have already bought my house in South Africa and my plane was leaving in 1 hour he would never find me. I was flying under my alias. Clever yes I know. But I knew after I made that statement he would try and find me.

As for my pink foot, yes Dilton is the father. You see we tried all types of treat which could help us with our pregnancy. But none worked well we also went for infetro basically artificial insemination. We tried it four time and it failed well I was 2 months pregnant when I left for my new life and Dilton never knew. Matthew is twenty two months old and he looks just like his father. At least I will always have a part of him with me.

As for my writhing will I published 5 more books which all hit best seller. So I was a renown writer now. And I had all the time to spend with my son. I am busy writing the last book of my trilogy called from top to bottom. The people just love the first two books. My publisher told me that if I hit best seller again I will be give a creative writing award and that means I will be revealed and so will Matthew.

I was pulled form my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice. A voice I love to hear. A voice I would give my live for.

"Mommy. Mommy where you?" I stood up from my lounge chair and made my way to the lounge where Matthew was standing rubbing his eyes.

"Right here baby boy. Did you have a nice nap?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Would you like a cup of chocolate milk?"

"Pwease" I kissed his cheek as we made our way to the kitchen. I took his sippy cup and make him a cup of chocolate milk. Once done we made our way to the porch where he sat on my lap while we looked at the oceans searching for blue whales.