Maybe Next Time

"Hey! I'm over here!" I shouted from the underbrush, I needed one of them to get to me, quick. I could hear them a short distance from me and I'd been out here for weeks without human contact.

"Brad? Is that you?" came a feminine response.

"Hey! I'm over here!" I replied, in a somewhat distressed tone. I really needed one of them to find me, it had been so long since I last held a person in my arms.

"Brad!! Hold on I'll just be a sec!" she responded.

I breathed a heavy sigh of relief. I listened as the woman approached, she would find me.

"Ugh, whats that smell? Brad! Where are you!?" she called out again, I made ready to call out to her in response before I heard the sounds of a struggle, I frowned and craned my neck toward where I believed the sounds were coming from.

"Don't go over there." came a hurried whisper. I frowned. It sounded like a man.

"Wha-" the woman began to speak but it sounded like she had been interrupted. I panicked, I needed them to find me and this man was about to ruin it.

"I'm over here! Hey! Over here! Hey!" I shouted once more in desperation.

I heard a gasp, and I knew I blew it.

"What the fuck." whispered the masculine voice. "That sounds like me."

"Brad lets leave! It smells like shit and I'm getting seriously freaked out!" whined the woman, and then I heard only the receding sounds of hurried footsteps and rustling bushes.

I growled before dropping to all fours and crawling back into the woods. My stomach rumbled its protestations and I looked over my shoulder.

Next time. I'll get one next time.