Feels Right

Sorry it has taken me so long to update....I have had a lot of tests and these past two weeks have been full of events. I haven't been able to focus at all. I apologize. Enjoy! (Don't worry they will fall into an inseparable love soon lol)

PSSSSSSTTTT!!!!! I need a new cover for this book! The one I have is lame. If you create one it needs the title of my book and my account name. Once you have made it email it to centeroffiction@gmail.com

Thanksssss!
~

"Come on honey, this looks beautiful. I bought it for you down in Malibu. " My mom says.

She just got back from a business trip there and she is holding up a bright, dingy looking blue sweatshirt. I don't typically wear super pastel colors because they drain out my face and make me look pale. I'm trying to convince her to not make me.

"No. It'll make me look pasty. " I groan.

"Wear it. I spent ten dollars on this and you're going to wear it to school today. "

"No. I am not. " I cross my arms.

"Going to wear it. " She says through gritted teeth in that way that tells you you better do what she says or you can suffer.

"Fine. " I say, giving up.

I'll just take it off as soon as I get to school. She throws the shirt at me and I wait for her to walk out before I start changing. I throw on a floral tank top, knowing I will be cold, but it is the thinnest thing I have and if my mom sees it under the sweatshirt she'll just think it's there for extra warmth.

She hates when I wear shirts under my sweatshirts for whatever reason. Last time I checked I thought that was what you were supposed to do...

I throw on some skinny jeans and throw up my hair in a bun and decide to call it good. My blonde hair has always been straight and I could leave it down if I wanted to, but it's also long and I don't feel like fluffing it out of my face all day at school.

I grab my backpack and a granola bar for breakfast and start heading down to school. We live a few blocks away from it so I can either walk or ride the bus. It's a nice day today even though it is cold so I'll walk. Once I'm down the street from the school I immediately throw off my backpack and take off the ugly sweatshirt my mother bought me. I feel the cold chilly air blow past me and I regret taking the coat off. I ignore the freezing cold and stiffly walk over to the school doors, waiting for the bell to ring so we can all go inside.

I walk over to Avril.

"Does this look good?" I ask her, my teeth chattering.

"It looks good, but you're freezing cold. " She says.

"I know. My mom bought this ugly ass sweatshirt and made me wear it. I'm not going to wear it at school. " I say, clenching my jaw as I see Parker and Jacob walking over.

"Good lord, Aubrey, where is your coat?" Parker asks me.

"I didn't want to wear it. It's ugly. "

He walks over behind me and wraps his arms around my torso and I immediately feel one hundred times warmer then I was, but I can't let him think I actually like him. But I also can't let the cold think it has the best of me. I smell Parker's fresh cologne one more time before abandoning his warmth and shoving him away.

Avril is giving me a look. Of course she of all people noticed I didn't actually want him to let go. It's a good thing Parker and Jacob are too stupid to notice.

"If you don't want me touching you then at least take my jacket. You're more freezing then I would be. " He says. For a moment I see the sweet side of Parker.

"I...ok. Give it. " I mumble. He smirks and swings off his sweatshirt with one arm before saying something stupid.

"Only if you let me put it on you. " And there's the dumb side of him.

"Awwhh." I hear Avril say to Jacob.

Hell no, it is NOT awwwww. It's Parker being himself, just wanting to touch me constantly like a nagging little maggot. Unfortunately, though, I am very cold and willing to take what he is offering.

"Fine. " I roll my eyes and hold up my arms.

An awkward silence between our group passes as he gently pulls it over me, his hands brushing my face with warmth as he pulls it down. His hands drop down by my waist. He lets them sit there for a moment and he looks down at me before shaking his head and letting go like he snapped out of some sort of daze.

I'm left dumbfounded just staring at him as he continues to shake his head and walks away. I cross my arms in his sweatshirt, which is too big, and cozy up in it as I turn back around to face Avy.

"You like him. I knew something was going on between you two. " She whispers.

"Something is going on. I've never seem him look at a girl like that. I thought you guys pretty much hated each other. " Jacob says.

"We do. He was just being nice. Nothing is going on. We are just being civil with one another like we're supposed to do. " I say.
I feel my face turn bright red.

"Yeah. Ok. " Avril says slowly. "What does his coat smell like?"

"Avril! I'm not going to smell it! " I laugh.

"Do it. " She says.

I sigh and bring the front of it up to me nose and smell it. I already feel my face blushing worse as I smell his cologne on it like I did when he wrapped his arms around me. Something about him with his arms around me felt right, as much as I hate to admit it. I kind of liked it. Maybe I just liked the gesture and not the person. Maybe I'm just confused.

"It smells really good. " I say trying to play it off cool.

"Let me smell!" she squeals.

She grabs the front of it like I did and smells it.

"It does. " She giggles.

Jacob starts laughing and we both look at him with confused looks.

"Why do girls do that? Smell it? It's so weird. " He says.

"Because it gives us a feeling of safety and that we are wanted. We like smelling who our heart belongs to. " She says, pecking his cheek.

"My heart does not belong to Parker. " I shudder.

"That's what they all say before they fall in love. " Jacob says, snaking his arm around Avril's waist and kissing the top of her head.

I certainly hope that isn't what they all say.