Saved

Ryan freezes on top of me and looks up.

"What are you going to do about it?" He says with a sick grin.

I'm positioned to where I can't see who is trying to help me.

"Ryan, I'm giving you five seconds to get off of her and beat it. "

"You mean beat you. You disrupted our little sexy make out session. " Ryan gets up off of me.

"Why was she calling for help then?" The voice asks. It sounds so familiar...too familiar. Who is it?"

"I don't know. " Ryan snaps. "Fine. You got me. I was trying to have sex with her. "

"She doesn't want that. "

"Shut the hell up, man, you're no better. You do that with girls all the time. " Ryan rolls his eyes and hops off of me and I quickly try to hop up.

As I start crawling away, but he quickly grabs me around my torso and starts pulling me away with him.

"Stop!" I yell. "Please help me!"

I bang my fists on him and all of a sudden I hear the familiar voice lower to a sort of growl.

"Put her down. "

"No. "

"I said...put her down. " The voice says.

This time Ryan turns a little so I can see the person who is trying to save me. It's Parker. My heart swells with hidden, involuntary affection at the sight of him and I want to cry even more from relief, but it is quickly replaced by fright. Ryan moves his hand to my butt again and pushes. I let out a little yelp.

"That was the last time I was going to ask you. " Parker shakes his head and friend.

He lunges forwards and I hear a punch and a groan. I'm quickly dropped to the ground and I hurriedly crawl over to the corner of the hall, still shaking. Ryan tried to rape me. All day he was being nice to me and it was just so he could have forced sex with me. Avy was right.

I cover my face with my hands and peek through the cracks in my fingers into the darkness that has a faint blue light. I see Parker repeatedly punching Ryan and Ryan kicks him. Soon Parker sends a punch to Ryan's chin and he drops like a limp dog into a crumpled heap on the rug. For a few seconds Parker stands there panting before turning towards me.

When he looks at me he still has a threatening, angry look in his eyes and I flinch as he walks over to me.

"It's ok. " He breathes. "It's ok. "

"Oh my god. " I sob and jump into his arms, burying my face into his chest and smelling his familiar scent. It comforts me.

"Shhh. It's ok. It's ok. " He whispers into my ear soothingly, rubbing my back up and down with his other arm wrapped tightly around me.

I feel Parker place a gentle kiss on the top of my head. I wouldn't have felt it if I wasn't paying attention, but I did. And surprisingly I'm not disgusted. I feel safe with him.

"Thank you. " I whisper against his shoulder. My tears have put a wet spot on his shirt.

"Yeah. Yep. Lets get out of here, Aubrey. " He groans.

All of a sudden Ryan stirs around in the corner. I let out another yelp and start shaking again, my breathing speeding back up.

"Shh, it's ok. " Parker says again and scoops me up into his arms in a cradle and starts carrying me down the stairs.

Any other time I would've slapped him or hurt him where the sun doesn't shine or called him some really mean name. But I don't even feel the urge to do that. I don't see him as an enemy anymore. More like someone I trust and feel comfortable around. I think it's been like this since the day in the library. He had me from there. Not that I would tell him...

I push those thoughts aside and press my hands against his chest and rest my head on his shoulder. I can feel his strong muscles from under his shirt. I feel even more safe knowing he would use those to save me again if he had to.

He carries me out to a black Mustang and plops me into the passenger seat. I sit up and buckle up my seatbelt. Soon enough he hops in with me in the drivers seat. Parker has a nice car. Again, he does come from a rich family.

For a while there's just silence and me letting silent tears and relieved breaths escape me. My hands are still a little trembly and my heart is still pounding. My virginity was almost taken away from me. That's something I can't get back.

"What the hell happened?" Parker said, breaking the silence. I look over at his hands gripping the steering wheel so tight his knuckles look white.

"I-I went to the party with him. He was drunk, I knew it, and..." I pause and take a deep breath before continuing,"We were making out and then he took me up-upstairs and...then he tried to have sex with me. I almost got raped. "

Parker closes his eyes for a second, clenching his jaw. I cover my mouth and get that sick feeling in my stomach again. I think I'm going to be sick.

"Parker. Stop the car. " I clutch my stomach and cover my mouth.

"Shit. Get out. Not in my car. " He says quickly, slamming on breaks.

I push opens he car door and gag, spewing up the contents in my stomach onto the road. I stand for a moment after I'm done, feeling famished and weak.

I get back in the car and close the door.

"I'm sorry. " I whisper.

"It's fine. It's fine. " He repeats.

He reaches an arm over and rubs it up and down to calm me down. I close my eyes and rest my head against the car seat.

He pulls into my driveway and helps me out of the car. I look for my parent's car and neither of them are there. They must've had to go to work. Sometimes my mom gets called in during the night and my dad does, too.

"They aren't home. " I let out another breath of relief. I can't tell them about this.

I reach for Parker's hand to calm me down and he grips my hand tightly back, keeping me down on the ground of reality. I walk up to my door. I reach under the doormat to get the spare key and walk into my house.

"Thanks again, Parker. " I say quietly.

"Yeah. Yeah, no problem. " He shakes his head.

"What were you doing at that party?" I ask, a smile creeping up on my face as I grab his other hand and look up into his eyes.

"I go to all of the parties. You know this. " He laughs.

"Yeah. " I laugh, too, and wrap my arms around his torso again.

Parker stiffens at first before relaxing and wrapping his arms around me again.

"I have two months still. You've only stolen a quarter of my heart you know." He reminds me

"It wasn't on purpose. "

"Do you think I have a chance with you?"

"I don't know. " I shrug, teasing him.

I'm just about to leave him when I stop and remember something. Ryan has my address and my parents aren't home which means I would be all alone with no protection of he were to come back and try again.

"Wait. Parker?" I call out as he is heading out the door.

"Yeah?"

"Can you..." I falter and suddenly get butterflies in my stomach. Come on, it's just Parker. That's what I keep telling myself. "Can you stay with me? Ryan has my address and-"

"Of course. " He says quickly with a grin, making me feel weak again. He walks back in and takes off his jacket. "My parents are probably out getting wasted at a party anyways. "

I grin back at him before leading him up the stairs.