Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The drive didn't last long, considering I only lived five minutes away from school if you walked. We didn't have enough time to talk about anything, just which directions he'd take. No longer than a minute later, Harry was parking the car in our driveway.

"So, I guess this is where I live," I said as I hopped out of the car.

He did the same, shutting the door behind him. "Wow, it's really beautiful, Lou."

I snorted. Our house looked like a pigsty compared to his. It was small and had a dirty shade of white. It wouldn't surprise me if the colour had even disappeared in some places.. "Yeah sure, if you're being sarcastic," I said, rolling my eyes.

He shook his head. "No, I genuinely mean it. I would much rather live in this house than my own. Mine is just... too much."

"I would rather live in yours though, but I guess we're different," I winked, walking over to the front door with Harry following close behind.

Just as I opened it, something hit me. "Oh, I forgot to tell you that my sisters and mum probably are--"

"Boo! You're home!" Two girls appeared from the kitchen and ran towards me to wrap their arms around my legs.

"Home," I finished with a sigh.

"It's okay, Lou," Harry chuckled, looking down at the girls who were clinging to my legs.

"Hi girls," I smiled, bending down to hug them.

They hugged me back for a few seconds before they pulled away to dart their eyes to Harry. "Who are you?" they asked in unison, causing the both of them to giggle.

Harry laughed with them, bending down to their level. "I'm Harry. Remember the guy with brown curly hair yesterday when you were in an unfamiliar house?" They nodded. "That was me" He smiled, ruffling their hair.

The two of them giggled again, reaching their arms out towards Harry, wanting to be hugged by him as well. Harry quickly understood what they wanted, and wrapped his arms around them. I smiled at the sight in front of me, although I felt some kind of pity for him. He didn't know them, and they were practically throwing themselves at him.

"Eh, Daisy, Phoebe, this is my... friend Harry, Harry this is my sisters, Daisy and Phoebe," I smiled, saying the word 'friends' a little hesitantly, since I didn't know if we were friends. Were we? No, I doubted that, but I didn't know what else to call him.

I don't think Harry noticed anything about my hesitation because he only shifted on his feet a little and let go of the twins. "Nice to meet you properly this time," he said to them.

They nodded and hugged him once again with wide smiles on their faces. I mouthed a 'sorry' to him, but he just shook his head.

"Boo? Is it yo-- Harry!" Mum walked out of the kitchen and practically squealed at the sight of the curly haired boy hugging her children.

"Hi Mrs. Tomlinson," Harry greeted, his face paling a little. Well, it didn't surprise me, considering the way mum had spoken about him yesterday.

"Oh, dear, please call me Jay. Mrs. Tomlinson makes me feel so old," she smiled. "It's so nice to meet you again, by the way."

Harry hesitated for a while. "I thought you hated me."

"Of course I don't! Why would you... oh" She grimaced apologetically at him. "I'm so sorry for talking about you like that yesterday. I didn't know you, I just... well, you know? I just want you to know that I'm truly happy that you're here because Louis hasn't been able to stop talking about you lately," she winked at me.