There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (30)

"It looks like you were attacked by a jaguar or something," I informed Alex, my eyes going wide when I saw the three scratches that went down Alex's left cheek side-by-side.

"More like a cougar," he grumbled under his breath, going over to his dresser in search of disinfectant before the scratches could become infected.

I grinned at the little joke that he had made, even with the unhappy way he had said it he was still able to make it sound hilarious. I guess that was just how Alex was... He could make anything sound funny even when he wasn't trying to.

He looked like he was in even worse shape than me. Erica had slashed him across the face, and his hair was pretty messed up. If I even had any bruises, they were all under my clothes, so you couldn't see them. And my hair was actually still okay after the fall I had endured, which I was sure happy about.

I was just glad when Erica and Alex finally stopped fighting. Erica had run away cussing under her breath in Spanish, and I didn't know if that was her surrendering or not. I'll just guess that it was.

"Are you alright?" Jesse asked as he sat me down on his bed, Alex shutting the cabin door behind him after he had finally found and applied the disinfectant to his scratches. "How badly did she hurt you?"

"I'm fine. She didn't even kick me that hard. The slap is probably what hurt the worst," I assured with a nod, though I was sure my sides would say differently. It actually didn't hurt very much, but I knew that there would be bruises left behind. I mean, she did kick me. Even if they weren't very hard...

"Take off your shirt," Jesse suddenly demanded.

"Whoa," Alex said from behind us before I could even react to what Jesse had said to me. "I'm still in the room, remember."

Jesse rolled his eyes, reaching for and tugging the bottom of my shirt. "I want to see the marks she left, because I know she's strong enough to leave some."

"Is that what you kids call it these days?" Alex asked teasingly, plopping down on the bed next to us. "But you do have a point, I guess. So do what he said, Jordan. Take off your shirt."

Jesse rolled his eyes again and smacked Alex over the back of his head, causing me to giggle a little. But that quickly went away when I saw that they were both serious about taking my shirt off, even though Alex was obviously trying to be funny with the last thing he had said.

"I'm only wearing a bra underneath this!" I blurted before I could stop myself, slapping my hands over my mouth after I had done so. Both boys smirked as my cheeks burned, and it was silent for a few moments as I waited for one of them to speak so I wouldn't have to.

"We're not asking you to take your bra off," Jesse smirked, cocking his head to the side a little as he looked at me innocently. Why did I have a feeling he was thinking something different in his head right then? Probably because he was now staring down at my chest...

"Unless you want to," Alex grinned, causing me to kick him as hard as I could. He didn't even flinch, of course. Not that that surprised me or anything. He probably knew that I was going to hit him somehow, so he braced himself for it. And he was pretty much immune to pain, so I knew he was fine. The only time I had ever seen him really hurt was when Jesse had hit him that one time...

Jesse also hit Alex over the back of his head once again, turning back toward me and saying, "Just your shirt. I don't want you to file sexual assault charges."

"Yeah, I can't go back to the slammer," Alex sighed, crossing one of his legs over the other as my eyes widened at him.

"Back?" I asked in disbelief, not believing what I was hearing. "You went to jail?"