||Chapter 24||

Cecilia's Pov

I take a deep breath and post the letter through the letter box.

I was too much of a coward to face him myself.

I place the small cardboard box that unfortunately was to big to fit through the letter box on the floor in front of the door.

I knock on the door and then quickly jet off running to a close by tree and hiding myself behind it.

Reece opens the door a few seconds later with the letter still unopened already in his he looks around looking for anyone around just as he's about to close the door when he notices the box near his feet, he bends down and picks it up then looks around again. After seeing nothing he retreats in to the house.

I stare at the place he was stood just moments ago then realise how ridiculous I must have looked right now. I turn away from the large house and walk to the taxi that had brought me here. I slide inside the back seat.

I feel a hand on mine, I turn to my right to come face to face with my aunt. She had come over a few days ago and apologised for the way she had acted with me on the day of my parents funeral and I forgave her. Why wouldn't I? She was family.

"You're doing the right thing honey" she speaks still smiling, she carries on "think of it as new start. New home, new friends" she lets out a small giggle and caries on "who knows there might even be a new boyfriend" I role my eyes at her put just nod my head at her.

"I need a serious hair cut. I can't stand this long hair" She says while tying her hair into a high tight pony tail. As she does, her dress rises up and I see the taxi driver glancing at her exposed legs he looked horrified.

I scowl at him surly my aunties legs weren't that bad. I turn to pull her dress down but what I see next shocks me. On her thigh was a massive burn mark, how did she do that to herself? No wonder the taxi driver had that look on his face, I myself had to keep from cringing. I was never good with wounds or blood, I would try to stay as far away as possible from injured people.  As if sensing me looking at it my pulls down her dress down to her knees.

"I was cooking the kids some chips last night and somehow the oil pan tipped off the cooker on to my legs. Don't worry though I've got some ointment to rub on it" She explains to me. I just nod my head but don't say anything. I had seen burns before and that burn looked quite old but who was I to question?

"Destination?" The taxi driver asks from the front seat in a gruff voice. He looked straight ahead as if he was scared to look back and spot my aunts leg again. You and me both buddy, I definitely didn't want to see that burn mark again. Just the thought of it made me cringe.

"The closest airport" I state and turn my head to look out of the car window and at the house.

Goodbye Reece.

Reece's Pov

I close the door behind me and walk down the hallway that lead to my office, once i'm inside I shut the door behind me and make my way over to my desk.

I put the box down on the desk and open the letter.

My heart sinks as I read through it. I didn't know what to say or think. It irked me to know that she couldn't say all that she had written in this letter to my face. Finishing off the letter I walk crab one of the dusty books on the book shelf and put it inside. No one would ever find it there.

Making my way back to the desk, I slowly grab the box and open it and inside I see the charm bracelet that Cecilia had 'left in alleyway' the day I had met her. I smile while looking at it. I remember the day I took it off of the counter top the day she was working. It was hard to do it without getting but I did it. Just so I would be able to see her again

I take it out of the box and place in my pocket. There was no way in hell I was going to lose this. It was the only think I have left from her.

I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in" I say loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear.

The door opens and in sashays Lola with a smirk on her face. Behind her were Amy and Adam. They both were looking at me smiling as if they had just achieved something. I hadn't even given them any tasks.

Then it dawns on me. The job I gave to Lola to do a few days ago. She couldn't possibly have a lead already. I mean she was good at tracking but she wasn't that good.

The smirks and smiles started to irritate me. I roll my eyes.

"What do you guys want?" I say wanting to know what had caused them to get so happy. If it was a good enough reason to smile and stand there like idiots, who knew it might make me smile too. I certainly needed something to cheer me up after that letter I just read.

Lola's the first to speak "I'll let you guess" she giggles.

I roll my eyes "Lola get straight to the point, I don't like guessing games" I state extremely annoyed.

Amy laughs "I say we give him a clue. Adam wanna do the honours?" She turns to Adam.

Before I could tell them all to shut up and leave Adam speaks.                   "It has something to do with a certain house fire" I snap my head to look at them, the smiles were still glued to their faces.

"You have lead" I ask looking a Lola. Her smile widens.

She takes a step back and puts an arm around and the other around Amy. They surprising don't seem to look bothered by this at all.

"We" she emphasises the word, she carries on "know who did it" she says with proud smile. She turns to Amy and takes a brown envelope off of her. She crosses the room and hands it to me.

"All the info you'll need is inside there" she states and with that they all walk out the office.

I grin. Teamwork made the dream work. I stop smiling an think about the letter from Cecilia again.

Goodbye Cecilia.