Prologue

I was standing in my bedroom staring at my phone; I wanted to receive the phone call more than anything in my life. I just needed to know that I’d be a part of Warped Tour like I had always dreamed to be. I signed up to be Sleep with Sirens merch girl almost a year ago, right after I saw them in 2012; I needed to be the one they ran to for help. I felt as my phone started to go off in my hand, and I nearly fell over in excitement.

                “Hello?” I asked into the phone.

                “Hi, is this Clementine Meadows?” a man asked, “This is Austin Kerr from Set It Off, I’m calling about your application you sent in a year ago to become a merch volunteer.”

                I sighed, “Yes, this is Clementine. How can I help you?”

                “Well my band and I are heading to Warped Tour this year, and we’re in desperate need of help with our merch tent, and we were told by Kevin that you were available.” Austin spoke through the phone into my ear. I couldn’t get over the shock, I mean yes one side of me was happy to be going to Warped Tour free of charge, but the other side of me was screaming about it being with the wrong band. “Clementine, are you there?”

                “Yes, of course. I’m here, sorry.” I replied, “Umm, so is this your way of asking me to be your merch girl?”

                He laughed, “Yes, I guess it is. We’d love to have you be a part of our journey, and to help us out.”

                “Yeah, sure I guess I could help you out.” I replied, I started to huff under my breath, in a manner I assumed couldn’t be heard by anyone else, but it was. “Great, I’m going to be working for a shit band.”

                He cleared his throat, “You know I could just call someone else.”

                “Oh, shit I’m so sorry. No, no, no. I’d love to do it, please don’t think otherwise.” I quickly pleaded.

                “Yeah, I’m sure.” He replied coldly, “Well we will be by to pick you up on June 13th, so be packed and ready to go, or you probably won’t be coming with then. I hope you have a lovely evening, Clementine. Goodbye.”

                I sighed, “Yeah, whatever. Goodbye.”

                I hung my phone up, and tossed it on my bed. I was beyond disappointed in the fact that I’d be working for a bunch of guys in a band I had never heard of. I wanted to work with Kellin, sleep on the same bus as Kellin, and dammit I wanted to be near Kellin. But now I’d have to find out who this band is and learn about them. And from what I currently can figure out right now, I’m assuming there a bunch of jackasses in a band.