Chapter Six

A few weeks had past, warped was coming closer and closer to an end. But it was still far enough away that I wasn’t completely upset over it ending. Of course Austin and I had grown closer than before; now that we’d admitted to one another that we liked each other. I was glad to finally have the feelings out, so I finally understood them better now.

                It was bright and early, and I wasn’t ready to get out of my bunk. I felt someone’s hand on my back and I rolled over to see Cody was standing behind me. I sighed, I knew him interrupting my sleep meant that we needed to setup. Cody smiled, and I tried to return the favor being as tired as I was.

                “What is it sir?” I asked.

                He groaned, “I don’t really want to bother you, but I’m not feeling well.” he started, but paused to take a deep breath. “I think I have food poisoning, is there any way you could please go run out and get me something to help get over this faster?”

                I sighed, “I could try, but you’re going to have to throw up most of this.”

                “Please don’t say throw up.” He replied, as he groaned.

                “I’ll be back in twenty minutes, okay?” I said.

                He walked back to his bunk, holding his stomach. “Thank you.”

                I got up from my bed, putting my pants on. I learned after a few weeks that I needed to get over not wanting to change unless they weren’t around but they were always around. I grabbed a new shirt and toss it on, before walking over to Cody. I noticed Austin had rolled over and he looked pale. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his forehead.

                “You’re not feeling well either?” I asked.

                He sighed, “I’ll be fine. Worry about him.”

                “No, you’re my boyfriend. He’s just the lead singer of your band. He’ll live.” I replied, stern.

                He smiled, “I keep forgetting we’re together…” he paused to think about what he has just said before speaking again, “that sounded horrible. I’m sorry, I don’t keep forgetting I just, I don’t know… please don’t’ be mad at me.”

                I stood up on my tippy does and pressed my lips to his nose, “its okay. You’re not feeling well and your brain isn’t working right, right now.”

                “You’re truly amazing. Check on Cody, okay?” he said and I smiled, pressing my lips to his forehead before turning around, only to hear him mumble something. “…I love you”

                I smiled; I knew he’d been sleeping when he said it, so I wasn’t going to think too much into it. I walked over to Cody and pulled back the curtain on his bunk. He groaned as the light hit his face. I placed my hand on his forehead, only to feel he was hot. I sighed, and walked over to grab my blanket. I put it on Cody and tucked it in around him.

                “Cody, you’re burning up.” I said as I placed my hand on his chest to see if he was hot also on his body, “I’m going to put more blankets on you, so you’ll sweat out the fever, okay?”

                He groaned, “No… I’m hot, stop it.”

                “Shut up, I’m doing this and you’ll deal with it.” I snapped, and he smiled. “I’m going to Walgreen’s, please try not the throw up and if you do, there is a trash can next to your bunk please use it.”