Chapter 11

Amelia's POV

The next day at school, I tried avoiding Hunter.

Every time I saw him I went in the opposite direction or whenever I realised he saw me, I would run off.

Let's just say I was too afraid to face him after what happened in the park the other day.

It was currently lunch and I met up with Tyler.

"Hey bestie!" We both said at the same time.

We just looked at eachother then burst out laughing.

Tyler went in the lunch line while I found a table and sat down trying, but failing to wait patiently for him.

As I placed my head on the table, I felt a presence right beside me.

I quickly raised my head and sadly Hunter was sitting right beside me.

I frowned at him and just looked away.

"What do you want Hunter?" I asked grumpily.

I was in no mood for fun and games.

"Whats up with you? You've been avoiding me all day."

No shit sherlock.

"Listen, if this is about yesterday, let me just say I'm sorry and I shouldn't have leaned in to kiss you. I made a big mistake and for that I'm terribly sorry. Now bye!"

Hunter just looked at me like I was boring him so I just stood up to leave but he grabbed my hand before I could.

"Well I don't regret it."

That alone made my brain go into overdrive.

I can't believe Hunter just said that to me. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster of happiness.

I snapped out of it and quickly responded before things got even more awkward.

"You don't?" I didn't mean to ask that question. It just slipped out.

I wish I could take it back.

Hunter smirked at me then shook his head.

" I wish we didn't have to pull away cause I know you wanted me."

And the cocky, stubborn, demon himself is back and just killed the moment.

"I hate you. You know that?" I asked irritated.

He just shook his head and chuckled.

"So do you want to go out for ice cream or something?"Hunter asked looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"No thanks play boy. You're just trying to get in my pants so I'm not falling for any of your tricks." I said stating the obvious.

"Oh come on! Please?" He started to pull out the big guns by showing puppy eyes.

I squeezed my eyes shut and when I opened them back, his eyes were even bigger and cuter which I thought was not possible.

"Ok fine. I'll go with you. Just put away those deadly weapons you call puppy eyes" I faked fright.

He just chuckled them sobered up.

"Hey Amelia, I bought us lunch." I heard Tyler say behind me.

When I turned around, his eyes snapped up to Hunter.

Apparently he had a smile on his face but it dropped as he looked at Hunter.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler asked sounding not so happy.

"I'm here to talk to Amelia, can't you see that or are your eyes up your....."

"Ok!" I shouted glaring at Hunter as I knew exactly what he was about to say.

"So Hunter you can leave and I'll see you tonight at six and Tyler you can sit so we can eat," I said to the two fart heads.

Hunter sent one more glare Tyler's way before storming back to his table with his friends.

Its then that I realised everyone was looking at us and I just ignored them.

As Tyler and I sat down to eat, he started his dumb lecturing.

"I don't want you around Hunter, that man whore is bad news Amelia"

"Can you please stop treating me like I'm fricken three?! I can take care of myself and you can't tell me who i can and cannot talk to." I snapped at him.

I didn't mean to tho. I know he's just looking out for me but I'm not three, I'm seventeen, almost eighteen for Christ sake.

"I'm sorry Amelia I just care about you and don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I know you're just looking out for me." I said softly.

He smiled at me and we just hugged and pretended like nothing happened and for the rest of the day everything went smoothly.