Chapter-20

Sorry for the late update. I am going to write longer chapters now. But this one is not so long. I hope you will enjoy reading it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lucas?" I whispered softly. I couldn't believe that Luke was the one who kissed me.

He was standing in front of me with his eyes wide open and looking more shocked than I was.

"A-A-Anna.." he muttered as he realized his mistake.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked a little louder this time. 

"I-I-I don't know Anna.I just-I just .. I don't know why the hell did I do that. I felt like doing it and I-I...I a-am sorry." He said waving his hands around him, trying to explain with a pleading and a guilty look in his eyes. 

"What? You 'felt like kissing me so you kissed me'? oh! just go away!" I said exasperated. I took the book and went out of the library leaving him behind.

"Anna!! Wait!! Please let me explain" Luke came running behind me. 

I started running away from him. I didn't want to talk to anybody right now. As I ran towards the main gate I started observing that I was slowly being surrounded by something white in colour. 

Fog? In this time of the year? That too inside the building, how is it possible? I must be imagining things. I ignored it and continued running towards the main gate. I couldn't hear Luke's voice behind me now. I was relieved but a part of me was frightened because I was alone in the building. I don't even know if I was going in the right direction. The fog was increasing as I took more steps. And it was getting colder by the minute. 

I stopped running once I came to know that it was not helping. If I run more, the fog would increase more. 

"Luke??!!" I shouted. I wanted him right now more than anything. If not him, then anybody. I would even go with a drunkard.

"Luke?! Are you there? Can anybody hear me?" I knew that no one was present around me at that moment. But I couldn't help it. 

I couldn't see anything now. The fog had covered all my surroundings. I was shivering because of the cold.