Chapter-23

Ara's POV:

"Did you check the warriors at the borders?" I asked my Beta Jonn while signing on some papers.

"Yes Alpha" he said.

"How many times should I tell you to call me Ara? You are one of my best friends Jonn," I said looking at him.

"Really? Then why haven't you told me the reason for those dark circles under your eyes and that pale face of yours? Are you not taking care of yourself Ara? Or should I hire a nanny for you?" he said folding his arms across his chest. 

I know that I can't keep anything away from him. Jonn knows everything about me. I had not told him about the things happening in my life from the past few days. Anyone would think that I am mourning over something very serious by the state I am in. I couldn't sleep at nights, ate very little and most of the time I am in the office trying to distract myself  from the problems of my life.

I sighed deeply and got up from my seat.

"Jonn, do you--" I started ,"Ara, did you smell that?"  Jonn said at once interrupting me.

"Smell what?" I asked frowning at him and that is when I realised what he was speaking about,

"Vampire" Jonn and I said simultaneously our pupils changing into obsidian black colour. My wolf was on the surface and I knew that it was very upset because of that bloodsucker in our territory.

Nate's POV :

"Look I want to talk to her just for a few minutes. Its very important." I said trying to get past the warrior wolves at the border.

"Leave him. Let him come inside." somebody said from behind them.

"Ara" I sighed in relief,"Thank  god you came to-"

"Why are you here Nathaniel? Don't you know that your not supposed to be on my land? Your breaking the rules. You should not take the advantage of you being the Prince," she said taking me towards her office.

"Ara, I have to talk you about something important." I said trying to get her attention to what I was talking.

"I am sure it is important because you yourself have come here to tell me about it. What is it?" she turned and looked at me.

"Uh-..can we talk in your study or something?" I asked gesturing towards the man who was standing behind her and was busy glaring at me the whole time.

"Jonn, can you leave us alone for a moment? " she said to the man.

"Are you sure?" that guy, Jonn asked still looking at me.

"Yeah" 

"Okay then" he said and left.

"So? What is it?" Ara asked sitting in her seat and gesturing me to take the opposite seat across the wooden table.

"You must already be knowing about the Vampire Queen." I said leaning towards her.

"Your mother?" she asked frowning slightly.

"Yeah" I said clenching my jaw. I didn't like the way she called her my mother.

"Yeah I do. So?"

"She has come to the palace to live with us"

"I don't understand where this is going. What has this to do with me?" She said folding her arms across her chest.

"Look Ara, Malice is not a good person. She has ruined everything belonging to my father for power. I can't tell you everything she has done but I can say that all of them were bad. And now she has come here to ruin things. She is after Euan, Ara. He is her own son but she is trying to control even his life like my father's. She wants him to be in her control." I said.