Chapter 9

"Abigale! Dear, time to get up! Emma's here!"

I hear my mother yell from outside my bedroom door.

"Mmmm......o-okay..." I mumble.
I can hear a muttering from outside, it sounds like Emma and my mom talking.

Without any hesitation, my bedroom door flies open. "Hey, sist- ah! Oh my gosh! You look pitiful!" Emma rushes over to me. "Why do you look so tired?" She asks.

I pause before I answer.

"Because you woke me up at like, six on a Saturday yesterday, and I just now woke up. Don't I have permission to look a little tired?"

Now she pauses.

"Nope." She says in a mocking tone as she sits on my bed.

Laughing, I kick her off. "You're so mean to me!" I yell jokingly. "Actually, why are you even here? Its Sunday, we have school tomorrow."

"Precisely." She answers. "I'm going to help you with your makeup and your outfit choices this week. Your makeup routine won't change, but I'm going to choose your outfits for the first week to help you. Okay?"

I hesitate, "Sure...but don't make me look like a skank."

"Deal. Alright..." she says as she gets up and walks into my loaded closet. "Alright, lets see. What would catch the eye of loverboy but also make Chasity jealous?.......Ah! Here we are! And I'll grab a pair of these and..."

I stopped listening as she droned on. My gaze focused to my glasses on my nightstand. I haven't worn them since yesterday, and it feels weird. My face feels barren.

"Here we are! Smoking hot but not skanky!" She exclaims.

She held up a leather jacket, clearly the one she mentioned in the fashion catalog she had, a red shirt with the word 'ADVENTURE' written in white on it, black and white striped skinny jeans, and red lace-up booties.

It was clearly an outfit for a teen girl with high standards and a thick wallet. I guess this will work. No, it has to work. For any chance I might have for Reece.

"It looks popping." I told her.

"Popping? Do we live in the fifties? I thought it looked hot." I laughed at her response.

"It looks fantastic, Em." I say, hopefully reassuring her.

"That's what I thought! Alright! Now its time to get the rest of the week's outfits picked out, then we will move to make-up!"

☆★☆

Five hours. I knew that getting me in the whole 'preppy look' thing was going to take awhile, but five hours?

Turns out there is a lot more stuff that I needed to know apparently. Like for instance, how to walk. You just can't slug around all day! (Emma's words, not mine) "You have to walk tall, your chin held high, sholders back, one foot infront of the other, not side-by-side all the time."

She instructed me that while I'm still getting the use of heels, to never put weight on the heel of your foot. Always walk on tip-toes. For one reason, I'll probably break my ankle, and the second reason is that it will stop that annoying 'clack' of the heel.

"One more thing, this is the last one I promise!" She grabs my purse, "You need to hold it like this,"

She bends her elbow with her hand in the air and puts the purse in the crease of her elbow.
"See?" She asks. I nodd. I remember seeing Chasity hold hers like that. My thoughts are interrupted by Emma's phone ringing.

'Cool Kids' by Echosmith is playing. I hum along to the music as she searches for her phone.

She finally finds it and manages to answer it. "Hello?.....Hello?....... Hello!?"

I jump at her outburst. "I wish stupid wrong numbers would quit calling me." She rants. "So anyway, how's your new phone? You like it?"

"Like it? I love it! Its so much bigger and cooler than my old Motorola flip phone! That thing ticked me off so much!"

She laughs. "I figured you would. Its the same as mine. Hey, let me see yours for a sec."

I reach on my bedside table and hand her my phone. She clicks it on and unlocks it, since I don't have a passcode.

"This is so boring! I can't believe you still have the default wallpapers!"

"What kind of wallpapers am I supposed to have?" I ask.

"Selfies, duh! Now come here!"

She holds the phone out and opens the camera. We both smile and she clicks the button. Our picture looks great. I especially love my disheveled hair. Sarcasm.

She sets it as my lock screen nevertheless.

☆★☆

Emma leaves just after 3:00. I look at the outfit she has picked out for me on the bed.

I take the clothes off my bed and to the bathroom. I change into them and step out.

I turn toward my body mirror to see what the big deal is about this outfit. As my eyes trail up my body I knew exactly what Emma was talking about.

Leather was totally in season. And I knew why now.

-A/N-

Hey Hey Hey! So I have had some serious writer's block with this botchy chapter. So, to keep you guys from getting ticked at me, I will post Chapter 10 along with this one! Picture of Abbi's outfit for tomorrow to the top/side. Now, have a lovely day, and vote, comment, etc. Love you all!

#randomfactoftheday

My favorite anime is either Black Butler or Fruits Basket!

~Espella ♡♥♡♥

Project Prep (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara