Thirty Seven

April
Aden stops the car in front of my house. The whole car ride I haven't said much. I don't know what to say. I'm not even sure what just happened.

I think about Aden licking the cream off of me and moving in to kiss me and it hardly seems real. My heart was racing and my whole body was tingling in excitement, but then that man had stopped us.

"So...here we are." Aden said turning off his car.

"Yup."

I look at my front door but make no moves to leave the car. I bite my lip and try to think of something else to say.

"April about today-"

"It's good. You don't have to say anything. We can just chock it up to pesky hormones." I say, brushing it off.

No, that isn't what I want to say, but nervousness makes the words come pouring out of my mouth.

"Are you saying you didn't want it?" Aden asked looking over at me. I can see the hurt in his eyes.

Sh!t, I'm messing this all up. I wanted it. I wanted him so bad it scared me. We'd only started talking a few weeks ago. Was it even normal for a person to fall this hard this fast?

"I-"

"April, I like you." Aden says making my words fall flat on my tongue. "I like you and I don't want to pretend like what just happened between us wasn't real just because we're both afraid to admit it. I like you, April and pretending to forget what just happened between us isn't going to make those feelings go away. So my question is do you like me?"

I look at Aden. I know that if I lie now there will be no going back. Aden would still my friend but we'd never be something more. I push my fears of past crushes aside. They aren't Aden. No one is like Aden.

I don't care if the rest of the world hates us or looks down on us. All I know is that I want to be with him.

"Yes." I say.

It is one little word but it takes all my courage to say, because letting someone in is like handing them a fully loaded weapon and begging them not to shoot.

I let Aden in to my heart. He holds a place were no other has ever resided before and I trust him not to hurt me.

Aden smiles. "Good, because that whole speech would have been super embarrassing if you said no."

I laugh and feel a weight lifting off of my shoulders. I trust Aden because he isn't like the others. He was my friend first and I've cared about him for sometime.

Aden takes my hand in his and our fingers interlace. He looks down at our two hands and smiles.

"Okay so we like each other, what's next?" I ask because honestly I've never gotten this far.

"How about a date? Maybe a movie this Saturday?"

"Sounds good. What do you want to see?"

"We could go see that new romance about the army guy."

The way Aden says it makes it sound like he'd rather not. I smile because at least he was willing to seat through a movie he'd probably hate for me. But I prefer if our first date was something we both could enjoy.

"Or we could go see captain America: civil war and then grab a bite to eat." I suggest.

Aden smiles at me. "You into comic book heroes?"

"Yup, you're not going to turn into one of those misogynistic guys who tells me I can't are you?"

"Of course not. I think it's kind of sexy, but then again most of the stuff you do is kind of sexy."