Chapter 14

Lydia's POV

-three days later-

I was still in the position that I was three days before. Alec has not waken from his coma...and it doesn't look like he will. This was all my fault. Why did I have to be such a stubborn asshole. I could've avoided all this... I stood up and walked towards the door, desperate to get my mind off Alec. Honestly. Even for a second. As my hand rested on the door handle, something wrapped its arms around my legs. Turning around, I saw Alec, on his knees, and hugging my legs like there's no tomorrow.

"Lydia..," he whimpered.

My eyes immediately softened as I bent down to brush the hair out of his tear filled eyes. Seeing him like this shattered my heart into a thousand pieces.

"Sh....it's ok. I forgive you. I love you," I whispered.

Alec couldn't take it anymore. He flung himself at me and cried in my arms. I rubbed his back soothingly while kissing his face repeatedly. I felt an aching pain in my heart knowing that I was the cause of his agony.

"I love you. I love you. Sh...it's fine," I murmured.

After a minute, Alec calmed down and laid his head on my chest, embracing her tightly.

"Thank you Lydia. I love you," whispered Alec, cupping her cheeks and kissing me with all his might, pouring every last shred of love into that kiss.

I kissed back, loving how their lips molded together, in sync, and so full of passion. It was the kiss that was meant to be.

A baby is a blessing. A gift from the heavens above, a precious little angel to cherish and to love. The hardest part about growing up, is letting go of what you were used to; and moving on with something you're not. So don't. There are moments in your life that make you and sets the course of who you're going to be. Sometimes, they're little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they're big moments you never saw coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you truly are. There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence. Immortality seems like a good idea, until you realize you're going to spend it alone. So they won't. They'll always be there for each other. For a thousand years. And a thousand more.