Chapter 11- Tease

Cedric's POV

I watched anxiously as Kaylie walked from person to person, as I tried to focus on the conversation that wa taking place in front of me, and in which, supposedly, I participated in. My wolf was practically trying to force me and drag me to her. I almost did cave in a couple of times. I just couldn't stand seeing her without me around.

Of course, she was already marked. With MY mark. There was no chance another male would approach her the way only I could. But there was always that one who went against the rules at all times... or should I say... went and try suicide by touching an already marked mate.

She would turn to see me and wink and bite her lip. Ugh, this girl would be the death of me. And the way she was moving her body didn't help to hide my southern hemisphere... If you know what I mean;) She kept tasting food and moaning a bit at its "flavor". She would groan a bit more than necessary when talking to her friends. She even hollowed her cheeks twice while drinking from a straw.

So, I decided to make things even and started chatting happily with the young lady talking in front of me. I knew her and I also knew she had a liking on me and the future power I would get. What she didn't know is that she was talking to her future King, who had already found the best mate ever, and she was whole-blooded. She had six more days before she would show her powers. We were a 100% sure she was the one the prophecy was talking about.

I didn't realize I had zoned out, for the high-pitched dirty blond haired was pouting, begging for my attention. I then saw Kay watching me intently, obviously debating with herself whether to give up or not. I smiled with tenderness at her cute face. She was frowning, hesitating then resisiting.

-Prince Cedric, are you listening?- the annoying voice repeated for the tenth time.

-What? I'm sorry, I zoned out.- Kaylie was now curious, I gave her a flirty smile and turned my attention to the girl in front of me. From the corner of my eye, I could see my mate looking furious, but shrugging and walking away. What was she planning...

Oh no.

She began talking to a pair of the males in her pack, flipping her hair and smiling widely at them.

"She should be smiling like that just for us.... Not for some airheads over there..." my wolf hissed with rage, not liking the sight of his mate talking to another male.

My hands clenched into fists.

"We should announce it now..." my wolf tempted me. Actually, it was the best idea I had gotten from him in a long time...

"Thanks." he used a fake offended tone. I rolled my eyes at him.

-Look, I'm sorry, but I have something to do...- I had started apologizing to the girl in front of me, when I felt my mate walking towards me. And her sweet voice made me go to Heaven and back.

-What's got the Prince in such a hurry? This is a feast, work isn't done during such events.- she smiled innocently. She certainly looked like an angel, and spoke like one.

Her dark hair in those killer curls made a perfect frame for her face, white as snow and soft as silk. The dress seemed even more impressing at nightime. It was just her. Perfection. The dark shade of blue contrasted with her pale skin, bringing out her chocolate brown eyes. And I resisted myself from looking at her lips. I didn't feel as under control as I would have liked to. I wouldn't resist the desire to taste those pinkish, plump, full lips.

-I-I needed to go somewhere and do something important...- I focused on not stuttering, she really was breathtaking and I almost gasped.

-Oh! Really? And what could be such an important task to do when we are in the middle of a celebration between allies?- she was a good actress indeed. The other girl just pouted at me, gosh was she pathetic... Thirsty, thirsty for sure.