0.8

COLBY'S LUNGS BURNED as she stopped running, trying to catch her breath

COLBY'S LUNGS BURNED as she stopped running, trying to catch her breath. She didn't know where she was or where to go — everything looked the same to her. Her phone ringing cut through the silence, and it took her a moment to remember that she should answer it.

"Hello?" She asked, leaning against a tree, nausea beginning to set in.

"Colby? Thank god. Where are you?" Colby had never been more relieved to hear Rebekah's voice. She almost wanted to cry at the mere sound of it.

"I don't know, everything looks the same. Are you okay? Hayley?" Rebekah almost laughed at that. Colby was lost and alone in the woods while possibly still being hunted by whoever was at the clinic, and she was concerned about Rebekah and Hayley.

"We are fine. Hayley's fine. Look, Klaus took Hayley home and we're coming to find you. Stay there." A beam of light crossed over Colby before going back to her and stopping, shining directly in her eyes and nearly blinding her.

"Shit." Colby said, squinting against the light and seeing the gun that the flashlight was attached to. She slowly raised her hands up, ignoring the faint calls of Rebekah from her phone. The man took a step towards Colby, shotgun not wavering at all. His eyes were dark, angry.

"No more running. We weren't supposed to hurt you, but after what your wolves did, I'm not letting you leave here alive." The man growled out. Colby was confused, and terrified. She didn't have any wolves, it's not like she was a werewolf.

As he readied the gun to fire, Colby become startlingly aware that there was nowhere for her to run. She was tired, and her lungs were still burning, she wouldn't get far even if she ran. As a gunshot rang out, Colby screamed, the sound echoing around the woods.

-•-

Klaus and Rebekah both looked at each other in horror as they heard a gunshot followed by an all-too-familiar scream. The phone line went dead shortly, the call ending abruptly.

"If they did anything to her, I am going to slaughter those witches myself." Rebekah growled out, clutching her phone tightly. Klaus scanned the tree-line of the woods, attempting to catch any hint of what direction she was in.

"I think it came from this way." Klaus said, gesturing quickly in one direction. The siblings sped into the woods, trying to follow the remaining echoes of the scream, listening for any other sound from her. A wolf howling in another direction made them stop, contemplating what to do. It couldn't have been a complete coincidence. Reluctantly, both of them turned to follow the howling. They quickly skidded to a halt before a wolf standing in the middle of a path. It stared the two vampires down before turning, moving back towards a path, stopping to look behind at the two.

"I think it wants us to follow." Rebekah said, walking after the wolf. Klaus scoffed but followed, looking around warily. The wolf led them to the scene of where Rebekah had woken up earlier, staring at them for a moment before running off.