Near Death Experiences

I didn't want to be a burden right after Rick was released from Cairo prison so I decided to let him get all cleaned up first before I questioned him about anything. His hair was longer than I remembered and he didn't look the best. I was a tad angry with him for everything, not writing or acting to contact me for bail. But at the same time I figured he wanted to take care of it himself. So my siblings and I went back to my home cleaned up and packed for our adventure. Evy was in the room with me and she looked at me skeptically.
"What?" I asked feeling her questioning eyes upon me.
"Nothing. Just Mr. O'Connell acted like he knew you." I sighed knowing this was coming.
"Okay, guess I knew this was coming... After I left England I came here, as you know. I joined the French Foreign Legionnaires, which is where I met Rick O'Connell. We marched across Libya and into Egypt to Hamunaptra." Evy looked at me astounded that I had kept this from her. I didn't blame her, I'd only told her some of it, didn't tell her about Hamunaptra just because it was relatively disappointing for me the first time.
"When we got there I didn't get to look around a ton. Mainly all we found was sand and blood as Rick will tell you. Nothing was super special about it. But we'll see this time, maybe we can actually find the Book of the Living!" I explained. Evy still seemed optimistic about going out to the city so that was good, I didn't want to discourage her from following her dreams and besides I wanted to believe the fairytales mum told us were real.
"Well, we'll just have to prove him wrong then!" Evy said still shoving the rest of her clothes into her suitcase and leaving me alone in the room to get some rest.

The Barge

Evy, Jonathan and myself were heading towards the boat we were all going to be boarding to take us to the city where we needed to go before heading off to Hamunaptra. I was wondering where Rick had gotten right about now. Wondering if he was even going to show up at all, he might've just run, I wouldn't blame him. Just then my sister voiced my concerns;

"Do you really think he is going to show up?" Evy asked Jon and I.

"Yes, undoubtedly, knowing my luck. He may be a cowboy, but l know the breed. His word is his word." Jon answered for both of us. Evy looked at me for confirmation and I nodded.

"Well, personally I think he's filthy, rude, a complete scoundrel. I don't like him one bit." I tried to warn her that Rick had showed up behind us in the meantime. He smirked.

"Anyone I know?" Rick asked. Evy spun around and looked a tad embarrassed. Rick stood in all his glory all clean shaven and looking as handsome as ever.

"Smashing day for the start of an adventure, eh, O'Connell?" My brother asked as he patted Rick on the shoulder.

"Yeah, smashing..."Rick laughed a little and checked his pocket for his wallet.

"Oh, no, no, l'd never steal from a partner... partner." Jonathan tried to redeem his status in Ricks eyes. I smirked at the awkwardness of it all.

"Oh that reminds me... No hard feelings about the uh--" Rick said as he mimicked a punching motion.

"Oh no, no, happens all the time." Jonathan explained. I chuckled a tad. Knowing this was very true.

"Joe, you sure you're ready to go back?" Jonathan looked at me with wide eyes.

"No. I won't ever be, but I'd love to be proven wrong by my siblings that there actually is something out there." I told him truthfully.

"Even though all we found when we got there was sand and blood?" Rick questioned.

"God damn, O'Connell stop asking, we're going!! Stop trying to talk me out of it!!" I practically yelled making a scene. Evy and Jonathan looked at me surprised.