What Did I Get Myself Into?

We left the museum in a hurry to figure out a game plan for how we would stop the creature and put him back in the dirt where he belonged. I was sitting on the window sill looking out at the beautiful scene before me of the eclipsed sun. I was thinking about this person whom I was told I had a resemblance to: Sekhmet. It felt like a coincidence, however, I kept getting the weird flashbacks. Something did draw me here I will admit but a reincarnation is a little far. I shook the thoughts away.
"We must stop him from regenerating. Who opened that chest?" Evy asked the Americans. She sounded so determined. My baby sister was becoming a leader, I smiled thinking about when we were little she would always cower behind me or come get me to look in her closet for monsters. My sister was growing up!!
"There was me and Daniels here." Henderson narrated. I finally learned the other Americans name. I looked back inside at all of them huddled around the table, I caught Ricks eye from across the room. I quickly looked away and back outside.
"And Burns, of course." Daniels filled in after Henderson.
"And that Egyptologist fellow." Henderson continued for him.
"What about my buddy Beni?" Rick asked from his seat.
"No, he scrammed outta there 'fore we opened the damn thing." Daniels filled him in.
"Yeah, he was the smart one." Henderson said looking down at the ground almost as if ashamed he'd been there.
"Well, that sounds like Beni." I said speaking up from my position.
"We must find the Egyptologist and bring him back to the safety of the fort before the creature can get to him." Evy said. I got the chills for some reason.
"They stay here. You three, come with me." Rick announced taking charge pointing at Evy and myself.
"Well hold on!! You can't leave me behind like some old carpetbag." Evy argued. I knew there wouldn't be any use in fighting him, but gathered in on the protests anyway.
"Who put you in charge???" I asked standing up and walking over to Rick fuming. Briskly, he hoisted me up onto his shoulder and walked into the bedroom. He threw me on the bed and turned around to look at my sister. She walked in the room willingly. I gaped at her, what the actual hell Evy?!
"Jonathan!!! O'Connell!" I yelled as Rick started on his way out of the room.
"Sorry, but he's a bit... tall." I heard my brother mutter. Chicken.
"Coward that you are! O'Connell, you are not leaving me in here! Jonathan, if you don't open this door in one minute flat— " I started to use threats to get my brother to listen. It didn't work to say the least. I quickly pulled out my knives and threw them at Rick just as he slammed the door shut. My knifes landed themselves in the lovely oak door with a thud. Well...I tried. God damn Rick.
"That's not very nice Joe." Rick yelled to me.
"O'Connell, you lying bastard." I yelled back to the door.
"This door doesn't open. She doesn't come out, and no one goes in, right?" I heard Rick say. I pulled my knife out of the door.
"Right." That was Daniels.
"Right?" Rick asked again.
"Right." Henderson this time spoke up.
"O'Connell!!!!" I yelled trying one more time.
I eventually realized no one was going to let me out of the room. Rick had taken my guns off me when I was on his shoulder. I turned around and glared at Evy wondering why she just willingly gave up and just sat there like a carpet bag. Ugh my family was nuts.

​​​​​"Anck-su-namun." I heard someone whisper.
I opened my eyes a crack just to see what was going on. When I did I found Imhotep above me with a knife aimed at my stomach. I quickly grabbed the knife from underneath the pillow and stabbed him in the arm, he looked surprised at first, not pleased by my actions, showing no pain. He dropped the dagger he was holding, grabbed my arms and threw me into the wall, the knife still in his arm. My head hit the wall and I lost my vision for a moment. When the color faded back into view I saw Imhotep walk up to me again. He pulled the knife from his arm and grabbed my neck, lifting me up against the wall. He held the knife close, ready to slit my throat. I heard Evy screaming as she tried to pry the mummy off me.
"Hey, get your ugly face away from her!" Rick exclaimed sounding insanely pissed. Imhotep looked up at Rick distracted for a moment. "Hey! Look what l got." Rick raised his arms that had the cat in them. The mummy screamed and faded into dust rushing out of the window. I slid back down the wall catching my breath. My knife clattering on the ground. "You alright?" Rick asked me as he dropped the cat and strode over to me.
He held out his hand for me to take. I just looked at it for a second. Rick looked into my eyes as if to say come-on-just-take-my-damn-hand. I took it and stumbled a little as he helped me up. He caught me, and when I was able to move again, I withdrew from his grasp. 
"Well, I'm not sure." Jon answered. I rolled my eyes at him. Looking at Evy's face to guarantee that she was in fact alright. She nodded at me and walked over to Jon to talk to him about what they had discovered.