Demolition & Happy Endings

Rick helped me up holding me close to him. But the moment didn't last long. Suddenly, sand started seeping through the ceiling.
"Time to go." He said in a panicked voice grabbing my hand and running towards the exit. Evy was right behind us with Jon carrying the gold book behind her.
"You've lost the book! Jonathan, l can't believe—" I heard Evy speak from behind me. Evy started freaking out over the book that was now gone in this pool of purply water with skeletal figures in it. Now was not the time to start this, the exits were closing and we needed to be on the other side of Hamunaptra when they closed. Both Jonathan and I ran back to Evelyn grabbed both of her hands and started running back towards the exit to catch up to Rick. We were running through the corridors while sand was coming down like a heavy rain shower. It was almost impossible to see, somehow Rick managed to get us out and into a giant treasure room. We kept running, I noticed Jonathan slow down and stare at all the gold and beauty in the room. We did not have the time for this.
"Couldn't we just—" Jonathan started staring at the gold, spinning around in circles, he was in awe. I quickly stole a necklace and stuffed it in my shirt for him later. My sister and Rick went to grab Jonathan.
"No, Jonathan!" Evy immediately said. As we all continued up the stairs to get out of this wonderful room.
"O'Connell!" We heard from behind us. Ah shit. It was Beni and he sounded desperate. We had just passed underneath the closing doors to the treasure room when Beni started pleading with Rick. "O'Connell! Wait!" He tried again.
"Come on, come on! Beni!" Rick said risking his life for this dumbass. I couldn't believe it. His arm was about to be crushed by this moving door, there was no way Beni could fit under it. At the last second Rick gave up, pulling his arm out just in time as the door shut forever.
"Good-bye, Beni." He said to the wall, at least he tried. Rick got up and ran after both Evy and my brother taking my hand in his again, pulling me along with him. I was blinded by the light as soon as we got outside. There was no stopping to breathe, the city was crumbling around us.
"Go go go go!!!" Rick was yelling as some pillars fell right where Evy was about to run just moments ago. As everything was falling we were dodging them as best we could just nearly being squished. And to top it off just when we finished dodging pillars the sand started to disappear beneath our feet. I ran my heart out. Finally, we were a safe distance away near all the camels. The city disappeared behind us, sand volcanoing up into the air in a giant cloud. It looked like a bomb just went off, the city was gone. Jonathan's scream woke up my adrenaline once again.
"Oh! Thank you. Thank you very much." Jon said as he turned around to find Ardeth sitting there on his camel, hand wrapped in gauze. Evy stepped forwards towards him.
"You've earned the respect and gratitude of me and my people." He said smiling at Evy. A budding romance was definitely there.
"Yes, well, it was nothing." Jon started putting his hand over his heart in an attempt to calm it down.
"May Allah smile upon you always." Ardeth said to us. I smiled at him. He kissed his fingers and touched his forehead then gestured to us.
"And... yourself." Jon said attempting to give it back to him. Ardeth clucked to his camel in order to get him moving. Evy looked back at me, as if asking if it was okay to go talk to him. I nodded to her.
"Yes, anytime." Jon said. Evy took off in a run to go talk to him privately, most likely to thank him for his help.
"Stay out of trouble." Rick said smiling that attractive smile I loved.
"He's just... leaving us here. Well, l guess we go home empty-handed... Again." Jon said looking upset.
"l wouldn't say that." Rick said looking at me, grabbing my chin with his free hand forcing me to look into his eyes. I smiled up at him. "Josephine Rose Carnahan. I should have told you this from the moment I met you..." I looked at him curiously wondering what he could have possibly wanted to say to me. "I love you." He finished his thought leaning forwards and kissing me on the lips. My heart leaped, finally. This is what I had been waiting for.
"Oh, please!" Jonathan let out a sigh ruining our moment. "How 'bout you, darling? Would you like a little kissy-wissy?" He said looking to the camel. Evy came back smiling looking at all of us. I stepped out of Ricks arms to see what she had to say, she gave me a look of content.

"Jonathan, I got you something." I smiled at him. I grabbed the necklace out from my shirt and threw it at him. He looked at me amazed and quite happily. 

"Josephine, you thief." He smiled winking at me, his way of saying thank you. 
"Ready to go?" I asked Evy and Jon.
"Yes, lets go home." Evy replied, smiling at me and Jon we had a group hug real quick before we started on the long journey back home. Rick and I got up onto our camel as Jon and Evy did the same.
I knew this wasn't the end of my adventures in Egypt. I knew something would always draw me here whether it was my mother being Egyptian or not. It was clearly in the Carnahans bloodline, just like being adventurers and treasure seekers was. I learned a lot about myself during this trip, I found old friends and made new ones. I have some amazing stories to someday tell my nieces and nephews. I knew one thing for certain, this was not the end.