➳ OUTTAKE | Wedding Bells

"All of this is so unnecessary," you groan.

"No it isn't! It's your wedding day, be happy," Mary replies.

"But I didn't ask for a wedding and neither did Sherlock. This was all you and his mother. I didn't plan any of it!" you stress as Mary does your hair.

"We thought you would like some normality. You've never had a traditional life and we want you to have this," she replies.

"All of this is pointless. I don't have parents to walk me down the aisle and I have six friends: you, Sherlock, John, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson, and Greg, I guess. Sherlock only has all of those people plus his parents and Molly."

"It doesn't matter how many people you have, all that matters is that the people that are attending love you. Intimate and quick ceremony, small reception, then honeymoon," Mary replies.

"Honeymoon? Did you plan that too?"

"Yes. Four weeks in Cancun at a beautiful five-star hotel. All expense paid."

"How the hell did you manage that?" you ask in astonishment.

Mary sighs. "Let's just say we all realized how much both you and Sherlock do for us and everyone without complaint, and on top of that, you guys never take a day off. We want you guys to have a relaxing vacation."

"We have a vacation everyday because our work is fun to do," you point out.

"You and Sherlock are so stubborn, but at least Sherlock isn't throwing as much as a fit," she grumbles.

"What do you mean?"

"I've been keeping tabs on Sherlock to see if he's nervous or dreading this, but John told me he's as calm as ever. Maybe even excited."

You open your mouth to speak before closing it. You think about her words carefully and a slow smile creeps onto your face.

"You know, you're absolutely right. Let's do this."

"Yes! Finally! Okay, the dress is hanging up in the closet. I have to go check on our little girl with Mrs. Hudson, but I'll be right back," Mary says as she rushes out of the room and shuts the door behind her.

You sigh and frown at your reflection. You look amazing, quite honestly, but it just isn't you. The whole wedding thing isn't you or Sherlock and you guys agreed to elope with only Mary and John there and that to be it, but Mary and Mrs. Holmes had other plans.

Of course you want to marry Sherlock, but not in front of so many people. You and him decided not to exchange vows until you were alone because neither of you were keen on being so open with your feelings in front of others.

You get up and grab the dress from the hanger before throwing off your robe and pulling it on. You have to admit that Mary did a great job despite your objections. The dress is perfect. You then slip on the shoes that match and turn around to look in the full-length mirror.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," you whisper to yourself.

After another five minutes of constant complaining in your mind, Mary finally returns.

"It's time," she says with two bouquets of your favorite flowers in hand before handing you yours.

"Let's get this over with," you say, but your stomach ties in knots with sudden nervousness.

You begin walking out of the room with Mary ahead of you. The place you're getting married in is an elegant mansion with a now decorated party room where the ceremony is being held.