Chapter 33

IZZY'S POV:

I can't feel my toes anymore. I can't feel my cheeks. It's so cold. No matter what I do, I cant get warm. I'm curled up in a ball in the corner of my cell. Each exhale, I see this cloud of air. Teeth chattering are the only noises made in the prison.

I look at Lincoln. He is sitting their normally as if the cold wasn't effecting him. "How are you not cold?" I whispers

"I am cold. But I am more immune to it than you. I've gone through this countless times during the winter."

"W-why?"

"Because sometimes the heat generator freezes. They use the back up generator to heat the upstairs area where all of them live."

I look down at my hands. They're so stiff. I rub them together breath hot air in it. It's not working. I whimper from how cold it is.

With a shaking head, I look at Xander. He is shivering from the cold. His cheek bones look raw from frostbite. His little stubble has frost on it as well.

"Izzy?" He asks.

I nod towards him. Too cold to talk. I'm scared if I do, I might release any kind of internal heat I have left.

"Are you o-okay?" I whisper.

"I'm fine Izzy. You're the one that's carrying a pup!"

I smile through my chattering teeth, "I'll be fine, Xander. The pups nice and toasty inside."

He shakes his head and growls. "Guards!" He shouts, "GUARDS!"

My eyes widen, "Xander stop it you'll get in trouble!"

He gives me a pointed look, "It's worth a try if it means you get warm. You're pregnant Izzy! I'm not gonna let them take another blessing I have away from me."

Those words alone warmed me more than he knew, "Xander-"

The metal door opened. Matheseus came in with a smile. Xander's eyes instantly harden with anger as he stares at his enemy. 

My whole body went numb. I look down in submission. I didn't mean to do it. It was totally out of a reaction. I wasn't exactly afraid of he'll do to me, I feared for my baby. I see him step in front of my cage. I crawl backwards against the wall.

Xander snarls and instinctively steps forward, but the sound of the chain clanking only reminded the both of us that he couldn't do anything at this moment. 

"Don't go near her. You're business was originally with me." He growls lowly.

Matheseus turns from me and looks at Xander. "Oh Xander, how I've missed you. I've thought so much of you the past years."

"Yeah me too," He chuckles darkly, "I've thought of so many ways to end your life." He spits out.

Matheseus gulped and smiled, "No need for such thoughts. You will not live to see the fourth day from now. So I'm going to be generous and let you have your time with your female. But know this...once you're gone, I'm going to kill your son. And then I'm going to replace him with mine in your mate's womb."

I frown, what was he talking about?

"I'm going to let you into your mate's cell, but I promise you. If you do anything...I will not hesitate to grab her and claim again and again...in front of you."

Xander nods. I see his lips curl into a snarl. The guards unlocked his cell. They step inside and with shaky hands, unchain him. Xander takes off the chain. Without breaking eye contact with Matheseus, Xander steps out of his cell. He was slightly taller than him. His hands were balled into tight fists.