Chapter 6

Isis Pov

As Shai lead me to the river I couldn't help but wonder what Tut was doing? 

Perhaps he's happy I'm gone and has found that his wife is better than me. Or perhaps he's longing for me like the guys in one of those sappy stories I used to read back home.

The baby turned in my arms. I frowned, not remembering if Shai told me th name of it.

"Shai...what's the baby's name?" I asked softly trying not to wake it. 

Shai stopped walking and turned around. "Since our father died before he was born and Mother just minutes after he was born and no one to look after us he was given no name but sometimes I call him tefal...which means baby."

I shook my head. This baby deserved a name and I guess I have to give it to him. However there was a big problem with that I knew no egyptian names and I was horrible at naming things.

I bit my lip looking at Shai "Shai...What was your father's name....perhaps we could name tefal after him." I suggested waiting for Shai to reply

"My father's name was Ludim, however it was an earned name not one given by his parents though my mother called him, with affection Khait which means gladiator"

I nodded "Well Khait it is!" I said holding baby Khait in my arms. "How much longer until we reach the river?"

Shai turned around "Just a little while longer" He said and began walking at a slow pace.

~

It took us over twenty minutes to get to the river. It wasn't as big as the river besides Tut's palace but it would do. I gently placed Khait on papyrus and took a piece of my dress and dipped it in the water.

As I bathed Khait Shai watched me intensively as if he was scared I'd hurt Khait. Perhaps loosing all of your family hurts you real bad even at his age.

When Khait was clean I dried him and called Shai towards me.

"We need big jars" I stated looking at him feeling a bit foolish because I had no idea how to do anything

"Maybe you can make some...Ummi" Shai suggested 

"I don't know how..." I said looking around for anything that we could transport water in. There was nothing and no one around. With a sigh I picked up Khait and looked at Shai.

"By your house is there any neighbors? People you go to for help?" I asked

Shai shook his head "Our family is a disgrace because, we're mixed breeds My Father an Egyptian gaurd who fell in love with an Ethiopian preistiess. To everyone my parent's and us were curses and no one wanted to be around us."

 I shook my head and looked at him "Maybe we can make...our own jars?" I suggested looking at him.

He nodded with just as much uncerntiancy as me.

Oh Boy...this is going to be fun.

~

Tut's Pov

I sat in my court seething. Namurot that fool decided that the "gods" didn't want me to dispose of Ankhasenpaaten. 

I of course had to listen to him he was my priest but, something about his behavior didn't sit well with me.

Anyway I pushed Namurot to the back of my head as I was confronted with the problems that my lands were facing.

The elders began speaking on how my focus should be on the war with the nubians not on Isis. However they did agree with the banishment of Ankhasenpaaten.

I cleared my throat and everyone stopped talking.

"Elders...The nubians haven't attacked yet and even if they were trying to I have an army waiting for them  and you Namurot how dare you bring that Wench back to MY home....Though I do respect your desicion I have decided that if she is to live she is to live like those who are exiled.....Amkhu I want you and three of our strongest to escort Ankhasenpaaten to the city of the unwanted. Put her with the sick."

When I finished talking Namurot opened his mouth to defend Ankhasenpaaten but, I raised my hand. I refused to hear it.

 "I'm done with this" I stated and dismissed everyone one except a couple of gaurds from my presence.

They looked at me curiuosly "State your names" I commanded

The first gaurd spoke for the two of them "My Name is Aka and this is my brother Aah"

I nodded "Aka and Aah I have a very important job for you to do....As you know my future wife Isis was kidnapped...I have some theories and I know Ankhasenpaaten helped but I know for a fact that she's not smart enough to carry the  whole thing by herself....She had some help. I want you to spy on Namurot. I have lost trust in him....if you shall come across anything suspicious I want you to knock him out and take him to the dungeons and await my arrivel.....That is all"

They nodded and I dismissed them.

I knew things were going on under my nose.....and I refuse to stay ignorant to them.

~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Baby Khait

Author's note

Do you like it?

I know it's not as long as it's supposed to be but next chapter will be fully in Isis's pov and I'll try to introduce Namurot and Ankhasenpaaten's plans later on!

Comment!

Like!

Fan!