Chapter 17

I can’t breathe. I feel so hot, so stuffy…is this how I end? Turning my aching head I slowly opened my unfocused eyes.

A groan slipped my throat without permission and suddenly I was aware of someone else’s presence in the room.

“My Lady…” a soft voice rang with unspoken question. I blinked and focused my eyes on the man kneeling in front of me.

He wasn’t as old as I expected him to be and looked no younger than twenty.

“My name is Abu and I am here to help you fulfill your purpose.” He said smiling slightly. Offering me a steady hand he gently helped me stand.

“It…it wasn’t a dream?” I questioned looking into Abu’s eyes. I watched silently as he shook his head.

“No my lady my god Ra chose you to carry out the duty that will continue our kingdom until this world is no more.”

I nodded still slightly confused but, filled with a purpose.

“Enough about that my lady it is time we give you his…essence.” He said before leaving me and going to the other room.

I barely had enough time to look around when he came back with this black murky water. I gave him a look. He wanted me to drink that…yuck!

He dismissed my reaction however and smiled. “This will ensure your power and everlasting wisdom as gifted by Ra.” He said before offering me the bowl.

I sighed deeply before drinking some of the surprisingly good liquid. When it was finished Abu took the bowl out of my hands.

I didn’t feel any different and, when I opened my mouth to tell Abu that something happened.

I felt like I was floating but I was grounded. I felt as if I knew everything about everyone I did not know. I could look at Abu and see how his life was going to play out and I could see how I could change it. Closing my eyes I bit my lip.

Was this Ra’s powers? Is this how gods felt when they look at us. I had so many questions and no answers for any of them.

Opening my eyes back up I noticed Abu was bowing. “Isis my goddess I am unworthy of your eyes” He said as he began praying to me.

I shook my head and words slipped out of my mouth. “Fear not for you now are my follower and I will protect you…we must hurry. We have a journey to make.

~