Chapter 10

Tut's Pov

~

After our kiss ended I could help but stare at her. Her beauty still stunned me. I smiled and leaned back over the railing of my balcony. If I could I'd take her tonight but, there were things we must discuss first before my longings are ever to be tooken care of.

"Isis" I said softly still not looking at her "I am going to take you to a place that not many people now of." 

I felt her lean beside me and sighed how would I tell her she must pledge her life to secrecy. 

"Isis....You must pledge your life, your blood, your being to get in. I wouldn't ask you to do such a thing if it wasn't important but, it is. For who you must talk to has more power than you can ever imagine."

I turned to look at her trying to see her reaction. Her face went through many emotions before she finally replied.

"I have to pledge myself? What am I pledging to? Who am I pledging to?" She asked looking at me

"I cannot tell you that until we've got there...I'm afraid that there are too many ears around...come walk with me we must go now" I said grabbing my cane and walking as fast as I could

She walked beside me keeping up with my pace. The walk was quiet and and the only sounds were our bare feet hitting the ground.

I stopped at a wall with hyroglifics running up and down it. Beside the wall laid a small knife. I picked it up and turned to Isis. 

"By the spilling of your blood you pledge your body and by the acceptance of the wall you pledge your life.Now give me your right hand."

She slowly reached her arm out and laid her hand in mine. I held it tightly so that when I cut her she wouldn't move. 

Than I began cutting a line from the tip her index finger to the palm of her hand. I watched as the blood began to pool on her hand before taking her hand and touching it to the picture of the papyrus stem which stood for prosperity.

Then i pulled her back and stepped back myself. We watched as the wall moved aside on its own accord and walked through the hall into the room where the Keepers sat waiting for us.

The one in the middle who I call Elder Keeper spoke first. "Ah Tutankhamun...you brought her..good please sit we have much to discuss."

I nodded and sat down in a chair that faced the Keepers and Isis did the same sitting beside me.

The Elder Keeper began to talk "Girl...tell us your name before we continue you must know the basic's eh?"

Isis gave him a small smile and told them her full name "My name is Laila Isis Geovoni" She said softly.

The Elder nodded "Isis...what a wonderful name. Let us begin first we will tell you and Tutankhamun the real reason why you are here and then we will discuss the future with you."

The Keeper beside the Elder Keeper began explaining "Let me start with some history. Centuries ago during The Middle Kingdom the gods gathered me and my brother's ancestors to form this group the Keepers for one and only one reason...for this Empire to Thrive. They gave them and now give us visions of the future for guidence. However there was something troubling our vision. So we prayed to the god's for a sign and than I had this vivid vision. Of death and dispair and there was only one solution...you Isis for the god's know that you are the key for our success...We need you to survive."

Isis took a deep breath and I did the same that explained some but not all. I was about to ask how she got there when Isis beat me to it.

"But how did I get here...I don't understand." She admitted looking at them with curiosity.

The Keeper coughed and explained "The god's new that we needed you so they sent forth beautiful silks and jewlry. Ra sent us a messenger who told us only our true queen will be able to wear it. So as soon as you touched it we became aware of you."

Isis opened her mouth to ask another question but The Keeper shook his head. 

"There's no time for anymore of your questions....We must ask ours and than you may ask yours"

The Elder Keeper began questioning her "The first question is what is the future of this empire?"

I watched as Isis bit her lip and then begin to explain "Well...After Tut...dies some priest takes over and marry's his wife. They say that he was one of the reason's why Ancient Egypt failed but the other was drought and because of the drought people were unwilling to work."

The Keepers nooded and asked her another question "Do the priests of your time know how Tutankhamun meets his end?"

Isis nodded "The scientists concluded that he passed away after a battle because of sickness and a disease he was born with...I think I don't really remember much of what my World History book said."

"Scientists?" I whisper questionally looking at her.

She nodded "They find cures to diseases and illnesses and try to find out how things came about one of them is Ancient Egypt"

The Elder Keeper cleared his throat. "In your opinion..Isis...what do you think an empire needs to succeed and last?"

She thought for a moment before saying "First I think it needs more input from it's people....They aren't going to be put down for much longer. I bet they are getting together now wondering ways to be free. You don't have to enslave an empire for it to thrive."

"So what are you suggesting girl? That this country be run by it's people?"

She shook her head "Kind of. If you let them have a say in what's going on they'll be happier and perhaps more loyal"

I nodded I understood and the Keepers understood too. An unspooken agreement was come to. The Keepers nodded and I stood. The meeting was over...for now.

~

author's note

HIYA GUYS

I wanted to give you guys something for the new year even though its only 7 pm I'll be leaving soon.

Anyway do you like? TELL ME!

FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!